Need help from public http/ftp proxy sites -- to defeat tyrany

Need help from public http/ftp proxy sites -- to defeat tyrany

Post by Yuan Jia » Sat, 23 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Chinese government has implemented router filters lately to block
access to sites which contain materials un-favorable to the tyrany.
The http/ftp site, several of us, manage is one of the top sites on
black list.

This router filtering scheme can be defeated easily via a proxy server
and a user can access my site indirectly with URL
http://proxyhost:port/http://mysite:port/

I'm compiling a list a proxy servers via which users in China can
access my site or other blocked sites.  If you know such a proxy site
or operate one, please send me the URL.  If you don't want me to
include your proxy site on my list, please drop me a message as well.

Thanks,

Yuan

1. ftp client proxy ms proxy firewall http proxy unix

for a unix ftp client that works through MS proxies, even with NTLM
authentication, go to this link...
  http://unix.about.com/cs/appsftp/
on the link above, 'curl' and 'lftp' seem to be teh best two i've ever
used, but be warned that curl will require openssl libraries as well
as zlib libraries.

you might also get errors with ld.so.1 or something such as this...
    ld.so.1: fatal
    No such file or directory
    ImportError: ld.so.1
if you get this kiind of error, then search groups.google.com for my
explanation on this kind of Nasty error which has fooled/beaten many a
rookie.

for NTLM authentication (MS Proxy Firewall or MS ISA Firewall), get on
www.sourceforge.net and look for 'NTLM Proxy Authentication' and then
find a program called (i think the program is called 'aps' it's
written by Dmitry Rozmanov) download it and configure it for your MS
Proxy/ISA Firewall. it might require the python intepreter, download
the python intepreter if you DON'T already have it. be patient,
everything will eventually work for you once you've read all the
manuals.
Moses Motlhale - Solutions Architect
24th Century Solutions, South Africa.

2. Head-first into mac-based Linux

3. Defeating web-based http proxies

4. Netgear NatSemi DP83815 based card

5. http://site/ forbidden, http://site/index.htm okay

6. NATd

7. Advice needed for network planning (Firewall, Proxy, DNS, DHCP, SMB, FTP, HTTP, SSH, VPN)

8. Relief plug in filter for GIMP

9. public domain http proxy servers

10. Cern proxy ftp URL fails, but anon ftp to same site works

11. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

12. http-proxy list of add sites ?

13. Need help: non-proxy SSH HTTP tunneling