http://locahost/~johndoe/ VS. http://localhost/%7Ejohndoe/

Post by Neil Zanell » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 10:38:18

Hello,

I would like to know precisely why when I access my apache web server with
mozilla the URL in the toolbar is changing from

http://locahost/~johndoe/

http://localhost/%7Ejohndoe/

What is the exact reason for this conversion?
It seems rather unnecessary to me.

Thanks,

Neil

Post by Klaus Johannes Rusc » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:56:08

> Hello,

> I would like to know precisely why when I access my apache web server with
> mozilla the URL in the toolbar is changing from

> http://locahost/~johndoe/

> http://localhost/%7Ejohndoe/

> What is the exact reason for this conversion?
> It seems rather unnecessary to me.

The two URLs are equivalent, %7E is the URL-encoding for the character '

Quote:

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch

http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/

Post by Klaus Johannes Rusc » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:59:05

> I would like to know precisely why when I access my apache web server with
> mozilla the URL in the toolbar is changing from

> http://locahost/~johndoe/

> http://localhost/%7Ejohndoe/

> What is the exact reason for this conversion?
> It seems rather unnecessary to me.

The two URLs are equivalent, %7E is the URL-encoding for the character '~'.
The %7E format can be reliably transmitted by email, whereas the tilde
character may be subject to conversion and may not render correctly on some
systems.

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch

http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/

1. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

Hello,

I have setup an apache proxy, which seems to work fine. But, I found
out that it doesn't not answer back http/1.1 with a http/1.1 response.
The request comes in as 1.1, but the proxy answer back with 1.0. Is
there some special configuration I need to set in httpd.conf for it
to answer with a 1.1 response?

When I send traffic to the backend machine it will answer with a 1.1
response just fine. We are using the same version of apache for both
the proxy and actual backend server.

Any hints as to what I'm missing? Thanks.

-Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Designed for Windows!