Apache/Script Alias

Post by Eri » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I am running a virtual host on Apache and can't get some perl scripts
to work in the virtual host cgi-bin directory.  There is a ScriptAlias
line in httpd.conf file that points to the cgi-bin directory.  Some
scripts work, but others don't.  What I am wondering is this, in the
srm.conf file, does the ScriptAlias have to point to the virtual host
cgi-bin directory as well?

Ross Fleege

Apache/Script Alias

Post by Steve Lawrenc » Sun, 21 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I am running a virtual host on Apache and can't get some perl scripts
> to work in the virtual host cgi-bin directory.  There is a ScriptAlias
> line in httpd.conf file that points to the cgi-bin directory.  Some
> scripts work, but others don't.  What I am wondering is this, in the
> srm.conf file, does the ScriptAlias have to point to the virtual host
> cgi-bin directory as well?

> Ross Fleege

I believe you should use the set handler option in your srm.conf file to
add .cgi file types to be executable. Rename your program with .cgi and it
can be executed.

Of course there is a security risk in that.

Script alias in the virtual host area will work too, and is more secure.

1. script alias problem - Re: apache alias and script alias problem

I actually did not have the <Directory> setup properly.

I am still having a problem with the script alias.

For example.

I set an alias -

Alias / /home/user1/html/

and a Script Alias -
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/user/cgi-bin/

However the script alias is not working because the log shows that
when entering:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/

/home/user/html/cgi-bin/ is actually being referenced.

When I remove the first Alias statement the cgi-bin script directory
is properly aliased.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

---
Andrew

Please remove TOREMOVE chars to e-mail me

2. HUB TOPOLOGY QUESTION

3. apache alias and script alias problem

4. mount /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom failure

5. Apache Permissions, Directory Indexes, Script Alias

6. TCP/UDP logging

7. how to get the alias directories in apache in a CGI script?

8. how to use perl print msg to syslog?

9. APACHE 0.8.10 AND SCRIPT ALIAS FOR VIRTUAL DOMAINS

10. aliases, aliases, aliases...

11. Apache and Aliases,compiling Apache 1.2.5

12. Help: Apache: cgi script - malformed header from script

13. <Script Language="Javascript" SRC=...></Script> under Apache