Porting Cold Fusion applcation to UNIX site?

Porting Cold Fusion applcation to UNIX site?

Post by <r.. » Sat, 11 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I have to be able to port some web database applications written in Cold
Fusion for an NT to Linux running an Apache server. Web+ use to support
conversion of Cold Fusion, but no longer do and their present suggestion
is just to re-code.

I was wonderring if there was anything like Cold Fusion to ePerl
translator or if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions on an
approach to port from Cold Fusion to UNIX.

Rick Berger   (819) 953-7019
Labour Operations Applications Development
Human Resources Development Canada

Post by j.. » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I have to be able to port some web database applications written in Cold
Fusion for an NT to Linux running an Apache server. Web+ use to support
conversion of Cold Fusion, but no longer do and their present suggestion
is just to re-code.

I was wonderring if there was anything like Cold Fusion to ePerl
translator or if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions on an
approach to port from Cold Fusion to UNIX.

jeff

1. Unix equivalent of Cold Fusion?

Does anyone know of any commercial web <-> database connectivity software
for Unix that matches or exceeds Cold Fusion (NT) tied to MS SQL Server in
terms of ease of use, support, and price?

I need something with commercial support that is more polished and easier
to use than PHP/FI tied to mSQL, but less expensive than the high end
offerings from Oracle, Informix, et al.  Something geared toward rapid
application development.  I don't have teams of programmers, nor do I have
time to sit around all day writing SQL.  I miss the relative simplicity of
Clipper/xBase. *sigh*

So far, Cold Fusion seems to be the magic bullet...

I have some pretty strong performance/reliability concerns about running
high traffic sites on NT, but I have yet to find a Unix alternative to
Cold Fusion.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,                                 http://www.herald-mail.com/
Derrick Miller                          http://www.nethound.com/
Herald-Mail Co.                         http://www.antietam.com/

P.S. BTW, Allaire is releasing a version of Cold Fusion for Solaris this
fall.  Which does me no good because I don't use Solaris.

2. PCI FA311 NIC from Netgear

3. JOB: US-CA-San Mateo Web Architects needed with Cold Fusion / Unix

4. WORD DOCUMENTS (MIME TYPES?)

5. apache 1.3b3 for winNT/95 and cold fusion 3.1

6. Netscape couldn't read many HTML files.

7. Good (cheap) DB for Cold Fusion under Solaris?

8. C/fortran interface

9. Cold Fusion, Solaris 2.5.1, Apache 1.2.4

10. Help needed to tune Apache/Cold Fusion/Solaris

11. Cold Fusion 4.x PRO on BSD???

12. Wind/U Warning (271), Cold Fusion installation problems

13. Linux - Win95 and Cold Fusion?