1. I am putting a lot of honey this time- want a media player download
Use xine or mplayer, they are far more better than m$-media-player,
if you are using redhat, everything you need to download is
I'm an average user, I had been using xine and m$-media-player
for many years, I found that:
1. m$-media-player can't play some vcd with protection, but linux can.
(I'm an average user, I don't know and don't care what kind of protection
is it. Linux can, windows can't, so linux is better)
2. m$-media-player can't play most of vcd ripped from dvd with linux-dvd-ripper,
but linux can play most of the vcd ripped from dvd with windows-dvd-ripper.
3. Respond time in xine is shorter than m$-media-player
in open vcd, forward, backward.
4. I can run other application in a resonable speed while watching movie
in linux, but i better stop doing other things while using m$-media-player.
5. If the movie hang up, I can easily kill the process in linux,
but 90% of the chance in windows, I had to reboot to remove the
m$-media-player hang up status.
So, I prefer linux to watch movie on computer.
Please forgive me for my poor English
[1;32m Origin: [33mSayYA [37m<bbs.sayya.org> [m
[1;31m From: [36mibm2.phys.sinica.edu.tw [m
2. Ques: Analog-2.11 configuration
3. How to put ftp or www links into mail body
4. SSL-Apache serves wrong certificates
5. I am putting a lot of honey this time- want a media player download link
6. How do rename a file with a datestamp?
7. Putting up a www Server. Info needed.
8. Bootdisk no longer detect Teac 55A CD-ROM after upgrade to 586
9. How to put a database on the WWW
10. Simple perl-based WWW-server hangs: what am I doing wrong?
11. I am interested in Linux Admin, wanted to self learn, what are important things in Admin?
12. I am interested in suggestions for a good OpenSource C++ IDE
13. Great new web site for people interested in WWW Software!!!