log file is not working

Post by Tad4 » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

Can anyone tell me why my  apache log files not working?  It was working fine
last week.

log file is not working

Post by Alex Brow » Wed, 02 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Hello,

> Can anyone tell me why my  apache log files not working?  It was working fine
> last week.

Please try to provide less diagnostic info.

Go on, you know you can.

Alex.

1. Apache log files and Mod_Userdir not working

I'm having a very odd problem with apache right now. I just downloaded
and installed 1.3.12 and everything looks OK. But it's not logging
anything. It's not even writing a .pid or anything, the log directory
is just blank. I have verfied that the server is up and running and
accesible from other IP's but still no log. It is also not allowing
any access to /~usrname. It returns a file not found error. I have
tried changing permisions on some test files and user directories but
even 777 doesn't work. Has anyone run into this before? I have done
some searches on Deja and found lots of people with with incorrect
permision settings returning a 403 denied, but not a 404 not found. I
have included part of my httpd.conf file. I know it's really insecure
right now, but I'd at least like to get something to work and then lock
it down from a working configuration.
Les
LoadModule userdir_module modules/mod_userdir.so
AddModule mod_userdir.c
<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
UserDir public_html
</IfModule>
<Directory /home/*/public_html>
AllowOverride All
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
</Directory>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Justice Department in league with SPACE ALIENS!!!

3. System logging going to console not log file

4. Mountain TD2000,8000 tape drives

5. Why am I not 'Logged in' ?

6. WHY? cannot use a password of more than 8 chars?

7. Why am I not logged in wtmp?

8. Mounting a DOS partition

9. How do I know I am not logging into a Trojan horse?

10. How can I run a program while I am not logged on?

11. gpcp works if I am running as `root' but not otherwise.

12. IPNAT Not working I am an idiot

13. How can I split a log file into several log files?