I desperately try to get a working Apache 1.3.26 with mod_rewrite. The
problem is, that nothing happens, even the rewrite.log remains empty.
I built the server software with Compaq's CC in Tru64 Unix V5.1. It
is, of course, configured with the option --enable-module=rewrite.
The server-info page shows me, that mod_rewrite is compiled in,
and it schows the current configuration too:
The same RewriteRules worked in Apache 1.3.19. I wrote them into the Main
section of the httpd.conf, also in each virtual host, and I tried really
a lot of combinations oh this. But, no "rewriting" happens. :-(
Despite of this, the Apache 1.3.26 and the other included modules seem
to run perfectly.