best Perl module for embedding Perl into Apache1.3.3

best Perl module for embedding Perl into Apache1.3.3

Post by Emmett McLe » Thu, 24 Dec 1998 04:00:00

There appear to be several modules for embeding
Perl into Apache. Is mod_perl the best one?

Is mod_perl somehow already built into Apache_1.3.3?

Thanks,

Emmett

best Perl module for embedding Perl into Apache1.3.3

Post by Ralf S. Engelschal » Sat, 26 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> There appear to be several modules for embeding
> Perl into Apache. Is mod_perl the best one?

Seems like you intermix something here. The only integration module for Perl
and Apache is mod_perl AFAIK. But there are more than one mod_perl module for
embedding Perl into HTML pages (Embperl, ePerl, etc).

Quote:> Is mod_perl somehow already built into Apache_1.3.3?

No, it's not built into Apache 1.3.3 per default,
but it integrates smoothly, of course.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

                                       www.engelschall.com

best Perl module for embedding Perl into Apache1.3.3

Post by Parand Tony Daruga » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Dear Ralf,

Quote:> > There appear to be several modules for embeding
> > Perl into Apache. Is mod_perl the best one?

> Seems like you intermix something here. The only integration module for Perl
> and Apache is mod_perl AFAIK. But there are more than one mod_perl module for
> embedding Perl into HTML pages (Embperl, ePerl, etc).

  There's also VelociGen for Perl: http://www.binaryevolution.com/

Tony Darugar
Free Online Addressbook:        http://myWebBook.com/

best Perl module for embedding Perl into Apache1.3.3

Post by Harvey Spink » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I also need to install mod_perl.  Where can I get it from and will it come
with instructions on it's installation?

Thanks,

Harvey

Post by The Pilgri » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> I also need to install mod_perl.  Where can I get it from

ftp://ftp.ou.edu/mirrors/CPAN/modules/by-module/Apache/mod_perl-1.16....
or any other CPAN site
and will it come
Quote:> with instructions on it's installation?

Yes. Lots and lots :)

If you have perl and the CPAN module installed you could try

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Apache'

from your command line

--
The Pilgrim

The truth is out there, and that's what scares Governments

PS Id also look at http://perl.apache.org

1. Problem installing Perl::SSLeay module on 3.3

I'm trying to install this module with

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::SSLeay'

but it can't find OpenSSL. Anybody can tell me what it looks for?

I have the OpenSSL 0.9.4 port installed. (binary at
/usr/local/bin/openssl, install dir at /usr/local/openssl)

Checking for OpenSSL-0.9.3a or newer...
I could not find your OpenSSL in `/usr/local/ssl'
Please provide OpenSSL-0.9.3a installation directory (get from
 http://www.openssl.org/ if you don't have it; please note that
 SSLeay is no longer supported, see README) (C-c to abort):
/usr/local/bin/openssl
I could not find your OpenSSL in `/usr/local/bin/openssl'
Please provide OpenSSL-0.9.3a installation directory (get from
 http://www.openssl.org/ if you don't have it; please note that
 SSLeay is no longer supported, see README) (C-c to abort):
/usr/local/bin/
I could not find your OpenSSL in `/usr/local/bin/'
Please provide OpenSSL-0.9.3a installation directory (get from
 http://www.openssl.org/ if you don't have it; please note that
 SSLeay is no longer supported, see README) (C-c to abort):
/usr/local/openssl
I could not find your OpenSSL in `/usr/local/openssl'
Please provide OpenSSL-0.9.3a installation directory (get from
 http://www.openssl.org/ if you don't have it; please note that
 SSLeay is no longer supported, see README) (C-c to abort):
/usr/local/openssl/lib
I could not find your OpenSSL in `/usr/local/openssl/lib'
Please provide OpenSSL-0.9.3a installation directory (get from
 http://www.openssl.org/ if you don't have it; please note that
 SSLeay is no longer supported, see README) (C-c to abort):

Kai

--

Conactive Internet Services, Berlin, Germany

2. Linmodem drivers

3. Perl modules without Sin's cc or building perl from scratch?

4. Program: Output protokoll to a serial interface and to a file ?

5. 2.2.8 -> make upgrade -> 3.3-Stable Perl prob

6. bzero and bcopy

7. Perl developer/Unix SA turns PM and selling Library of unix/linux/perl books

8. Solaris 8 PC Installation

9. /usr/local/bin/perl ->/usr/bin/perl

10. UPDATE: Compiling GTK/Perl with Perl 5.004 on Solaris

11. Apache-perl: place html files and perl scripts in the same location

12. #!/usr/bin/perl or #!usr/bin/perl

13. Using Sunfreeware's perl in place of Sun's perl