Team application Development

Post by Walter Rober » Tue, 19 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I don't usually work on developing a particular application all by
myself and I've heard about a new development tool called Netcessities it
seems useful, apparently a comprehensive system; but I'm wondering if
this is a feasible tool for team oriented development.

Team application Development

Post by Richard » Thu, 21 Nov 1996 04:00:00

In article

> I don't usually work on developing a particular application all by
> myself and I've heard about a new development tool called Netcessities it
> seems useful, apparently a comprehensive system; but I'm wondering if
> this is a feasible tool for team oriented development.

Netcessities offers good support for team development.  It uses components
to support development.  These components can be accessed through the
repository and are available to anyone with access rights.  There is a lot
of information about Netcessities at: http://www.platinum.com/new.htm
then go to the Netcessities
(http://www.platinum.com/products/appdev/netcps.htm)

Post by Walter Rober » Thu, 21 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> In article

> > I don't usually work on developing a particular application all by
> > myself and I've heard about a new development tool called Netcessities it
> > seems useful, apparently a comprehensive system; but I'm wondering if
> > this is a feasible tool for team oriented development.

> Netcessities offers good support for team development.  It uses components
> to support development.  These components can be accessed through the
> repository and are available to anyone with access rights.  There is a lot
> of information about Netcessities at: http://www.platinum.com/new.htm
> then go to the Netcessities
> (http://www.platinum.com/products/appdev/netcps.htm)

This can really cut down on your development costs.  Because developers
can view, edit and reuse components from different locations, teams
working on the same or even on different projects don't have to recreate
components that already exist. It would also cut development costs, by
making the development more efficient.  In addition to increasing
development efficiency sharing components also drastically reduces
maintenance costs since you only need maintain one component rather that
several redundant ones.

1. KDE Application Development Team

Hello all,

My name is Jono Bacon (my nick is [vmlinuz] ) and I am in the process
of setting up a software development team that will primarily develop
KDE based applications.

I myself am not a fantastic programmer; I am a project manager, but I
do have technical experience.

The development team will be the kind typified by the Open Source
movement, and will have these key features:

* All development will take place over the Internet.
* All software will be released under the GPL.
* The project will have a key set of standards to be maintained.
* The project will base many key desicions around the RFC model so
user/develop input can be maintained.

The reason for this post is to see the level of interest for this kind
of a project to go ahead.

I will therefore be requireing the following to posts to be filled:

- C O D E R S -

Programmers will need to have experience coding in C++ and preferably
CORBA, and be able to code the Qt widget set. Experience at coding KDE
applications is neccessery.

- W E B M A S T E R -

A webmaster will be needed to manage and maintain the site for the
development team. Experience in HTML and CGI access is essential, and
good design skills are a must.

- A R T I S T S -

Artists will be required for creating icons and other artwork for both
the software projects and the website. Experience with the GIMP or
another suitable graphics manipulation package is essential.

The important thing to realise about this project is that we will not
be basing our efforts around one single project such as a word
processer or spreadsheet...but develop many different software
soloutions. I can imagine that a primary project will be developed
though.

Another thing to realise about the project is that it will form many
teams working under the same guidelines on different projects; much in
the same vein as GNU. These standards guidelines will be published in
subsequent time.

If you think you may be interested in joining the team, please let me
know either in this group, or send me an email stating how you can
help and details of experience/contact addresses etc.

Many Thanks,

        Jono Bacon

2. Who sells Linux on CD

3. HP lays off IA64 development team

4. Resolving pathnames in C

5. Steve Ballmer RIPS Win98 development team....

6. ps - SVR4 vs. BSD

7. Tizek.com is in dire need of a development team...

8. Fail to mount MO Drive with 640M MO disk

9. All hail the Konqueror development team

10. Tizek.com is in dire need of a development team...

11. Display Postscript Development Team ?

12. BBS-development Team wanted