SGI/Netsite & virtual Apache

Post by Alan Si » Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:00:00

 Greetings, we currently run the Netsite server on the SGI indy...
Have compiled Apache, and it works well, virtual hosting and all.
As Netsite does image maps easier, we want to run that as primary
server, but use Apache for virtual domains.  Using Netsite for
virtual domains requires multiple config/multiple servers running.

However, can't find a way to use Apache as virtual ONLY, it wants
"something" to bind to on port:80, with the primary IP address.
Anyone found a way to get around this ?

The Apache config makes it attractive as a single server for multiple
domains, as compared to having to run multiple Netsites (one for each
virtual host) - It would be nice to have both on same box...   /;^)

1. Network Monitoring & Apache & SunOS & Virtual Hosting

Hello,

I need an opinion on network monitoring and virtual hosts...what software
would you recommend? We need something that will mail if virtual hosts are
down...

Jeff
Shore.Net Web Support / Domain Registrar

Jeff Donahue                    http://www.shore.net/~jwd
    ...todays fantasy may become tomorrows reality...

2. dd and software disk mirroring

3. Running multiple domain www server using Netsite under SGI

4. How do you access a server log?

5. Linux-1.3.81 & Apache & Virtual domain

6. Automounter

7. Apache 1.2.1 & virtual domains & real domain

8. qmail setup

9. Help with Virtual Servers w/ NetSite and Solaris 2.3

10. Netsite: 3 virtual domains?

11. Virtual Domains: NetSite sucks?

12. Virtual domains and netsite?

13. PERL && mod_perl && FreeBSD && Apache