webhosting.com - stay away... far far away

webhosting.com - stay away... far far away

Post by Michelle McGinni » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

Ditto on all the bad service... I made the HUGE mistake of signing a
client up with webhosting, then six months later (after a few bad, but not
horrific customer service experiences) signed the same client up for their
e-commerce package.  NIGHTMARE.  I am still in the throes of "48 hour
incoherent or automated or both).  I'm taking Ed's advice and copying the
CEO on my newest e-mails -- though from my experience I doubt even the CEO
has the authority or motivation to follow through on my service requests.

Thanks for the advice on alternate hosting services... if there is anyone
out there who knows of other good services for e-commerce and hosting,
please e-mail me.  My sympathies to all other frustrated webhosting.com
customers out there!

> Think their support is bad, try their billing department!

> The only way I got a response from that company was to cc: my rant on the

> company or some such thing. He quickly responded that he wanted to have a
> "pro-active discussion", but I had already left them. Let him know you've
> taken your gripes public and you may get a response.

> My favorite dealing with them: After being informed that they required 30
> days notification before cancelling service, and that the notification
had
> to be a hardcopy (not email), I sent their accounting dept. an email
asking
> "I did fax a hardcopy notice of my cancelation of service. Please let me
> know if you did or did not receive that request."  *Five* days later I
got a
> one word response: "Yes". It wasn't a yes/no question! Oh well, I
cancelled
> the credit card they were billing to and moved on.

> Ed Callahan

> > i made a big mistake hosting with webhosting.com

> > they do not respond to support and don't know what they are doing. i've
> > tried everything with them. i havn't heard anything from them in over a
> > week (they claim 48 hour response). i've even escalated to the
> > president, three times, and still heard nothing. their 'live support'
> > feature is a fraud. it is NEVER staffed.

> > stay away from webhosting.com

> > i'd love to hear from others with similar experience. they've cost me a
> > lot of time and money and i intend to get it back.

webhosting.com - stay away... far far away

Post by Frustrated with webhosting.co » Sun, 04 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I wish I had read these e-mails before I signed up with webhosting.com.  I
made the mistake of trusting reviews in TopHost and HostIndex which must
obviously be paid to write these reviews.  Webhosting.com is TERRIBLE.
Their service is bad, their 24x7 up-time service and 99 percent up-time
guarantee is a laugh.
Not a month goes by without my site (hosted on their NT server) being down
for atleast a day.  Today, my e-mail is down for more than 30 hours and
despite numerous messages, calls and form mails sent out, nothing has been
done about it.
After the e-mail was down for about 11 hours, I sent a complaint through
ugripe.com and got an immediate response from webhosting.com-- you may try
that too -- with a message from the supervisor; and the e-mail worked for
all of 10 minutes!  Then, it went down again.
I don't trust TopHosts and Hostindex any more but would like some
feedback -- can any one recommend a good web hosting company? I would
really appreciate the info.  Thanks!

> Ditto on all the bad service... I made the HUGE mistake of signing a
> client up with webhosting, then six months later (after a few bad, but
not
> horrific customer service experiences) signed the same client up for
their
> e-commerce package.  NIGHTMARE.  I am still in the throes of "48 hour
> incoherent or automated or both).  I'm taking Ed's advice and copying
the
> CEO on my newest e-mails -- though from my experience I doubt even the
CEO
> has the authority or motivation to follow through on my service
requests.

> Thanks for the advice on alternate hosting services... if there is
anyone
> out there who knows of other good services for e-commerce and hosting,
> please e-mail me.  My sympathies to all other frustrated webhosting.com
> customers out there!

> > Think their support is bad, try their billing department!

> > The only way I got a response from that company was to cc: my rant on
the

the
> > company or some such thing. He quickly responded that he wanted to
have a
> > "pro-active discussion", but I had already left them. Let him know
you've
> > taken your gripes public and you may get a response.

> > My favorite dealing with them: After being informed that they required
30
> > days notification before cancelling service, and that the notification
> had
> > to be a hardcopy (not email), I sent their accounting dept. an email
> asking
> > "I did fax a hardcopy notice of my cancelation of service. Please let
me
> > know if you did or did not receive that request."  *Five* days later I
> got a
> > one word response: "Yes". It wasn't a yes/no question! Oh well, I
> cancelled
> > the credit card they were billing to and moved on.

> > Ed Callahan

> > > i made a big mistake hosting with webhosting.com

> > > they do not respond to support and don't know what they are doing.
i've
> > > tried everything with them. i havn't heard anything from them in
over a
> > > week (they claim 48 hour response). i've even escalated to the
> > > president, three times, and still heard nothing. their 'live support'
> > > feature is a fraud. it is NEVER staffed.

> > > stay away from webhosting.com

> > > i'd love to hear from others with similar experience. they've cost
me a
> > > lot of time and money and i intend to get it back.

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

> --

webhosting.com - stay away... far far away

Post by News Read » Mon, 05 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I've been with interland.net for some time now not much to complain.
I feel that they have a good `infrastructure` including personnel.
24 hour 800 number for tech support.  You also get a static ip
address for your domain; ip aliasing.

1. Except the sales rep lied to me when he said the server
   is quand xeon compaq.  It's a celeron 500.

2. They will not install a perl module I asked them to install; said
   I have to upgrade to plus plan for extra $20 a month and then
   made a request.  I am with basic plan.

Stay far far away from www-hosting.net.  The guy is a one man operation
and not a week go by without some problems like broken ftp server or
non functioning mail alias database. I was with him before
switching to interland and it was a nightmare.

On Sat, 03 Jun 2000 20:30:03 GMT,

> [...]

>30
>> > days notification before cancelling service, and that the notification
>> had
>> > to be a hardcopy (not email), I sent their accounting dept. an email
>> asking
>> > "I did fax a hardcopy notice of my cancelation of service. Please let
>me
>> > know if you did or did not receive that request."  *Five* days later I
>> got a
>> > one word response: "Yes". It wasn't a yes/no question! Oh well, I
>> cancelled
>> > the credit card they were billing to and moved on.

>> > Ed Callahan

>i've
>over a

>me a

>> --

webhosting.com - stay away... far far away

Post by seth_br.. » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I've had terrible problems with Webhosting.com's virtual Unix hosting.  The
FTP times are so slow that simple FTP transfers often time out.  I know it is
not my connection because I work with other hosts as well.  They have not
addressed my concerns after repeated escalations to supervisors and I'm left
holding the bag.  Should have done my homework.  Now it's going to cost a lot
of time and effort to repour our database and switch sites.  I agree, stay
away from Webhosting.com.

> [...]

> > > "pro-active discussion", but I had already left them. Let him know
> you've
> > > taken your gripes public and you may get a response.

> > > My favorite dealing with them: After being informed that they required
> 30
> > > days notification before cancelling service, and that the notification
> > had
> > > to be a hardcopy (not email), I sent their accounting dept. an email
> > asking
> > > "I did fax a hardcopy notice of my cancelation of service. Please let
> me
> > > know if you did or did not receive that request."  *Five* days later I
> > got a
> > > one word response: "Yes". It wasn't a yes/no question! Oh well, I
> > cancelled
> > > the credit card they were billing to and moved on.

Before you buy.

webhosting.com - stay away... far far away

Post by antoineame.. » Mon, 26 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I registered with webhosting.com at the beginning of May.

I have so many problems :
can't send mail
no ftp
site down

Are you also on whbsd005.webhosting.com i386(PC) freebsd 3.4release?

They are telling me since 15 days that they are going to setup a new
server...

It's very hard for me.

Antoine

www.antoineamelie.com

> [...]

> > > horrific customer service experiences) signed the same client up
for
> > their
> > > e-commerce package.  NIGHTMARE.  I am still in the throes of "48
hour
> > > incoherent or automated or both).  I'm taking Ed's advice and
copying
> > the
> > > CEO on my newest e-mails -- though from my experience I doubt
even the
> > CEO
> > > has the authority or motivation to follow through on my service
> > requests.

> > > Thanks for the advice on alternate hosting services... if there is
> > anyone
> > > out there who knows of other good services for e-commerce and
hosting,
> > > please e-mail me.  My sympathies to all other frustrated

president of
> > the
> > have a
> > you've

> > 30
> > > had
> > > asking
Please let
> > me
> > > got a
> > > cancelled

> > i've
> > over a

> > me a

> > > --

> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. webhosting.com - stay away... far far away

i made a big mistake hosting with webhosting.com

they do not respond to support and don't know what they are doing. i've
tried everything with them. i havn't heard anything from them in over a
week (they claim 48 hour response). i've even escalated to the
president, three times, and still heard nothing. their 'live support'
feature is a fraud. it is NEVER staffed.

stay away from webhosting.com

i'd love to hear from others with similar experience. they've cost me a
lot of time and money and i intend to get it back.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. q

3. Long ago, in a partition far, far away...

4. Driver for SCSI card?

5. Newbie: "Linux has come so far only to seem so far away"

6. Cable modem works in Windows, but not Linux! Help! - You may need to turn off the cable modem to reset it

7. How far are we away from an all-ELF Slackware distribution ?

8. Berkeley Sockets

9. How far away is OpenBSD 2.9?

10. telnet server very far away in the univers...

11. IBM Far & Away card - was: Re: Red Hat's sick sense of humor (support)

12. Need a way to get around limits to boot a 'far away' partition

13. ISSG down far, far more than BCSG