Apache connection slow

Post by Eastwood Fo » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 13:34:47

Hi guys

Can you please help me to findout what problem about my apache server?
My web server very slow in two days ago (not routing or network problem)

I very hard to access to it from browser. Sometime have time-up to
connect to it
When I check with command ps, there I found the process below
   29705  ?  Z    0:00 (httpd <zombie>)

My apache is version 1.3.12
My linux is redhat 5.2

Thanks

1. How to Optimize Apache for a Slow Server Connection?

I'm running Apache 1.1.1 on RedHat 4.0 behind a 33.6 modem and want to
do what I can to optimize performance.  It's a special interest site
with <300 unique hosts and <10,000 page hits/day.

1) Redhat configured Apache with HostNameLookups on.  Will it help
things if I turn this off?  If I need a hostname report my log file
analysis program can do the lookups.

2) Somehow I have referer and agent logs on.  Will performance improve
if I eliminate them?  To eliminate them should I recompile, eliminate
the directive in the .conf file, or send them to /dev/null?

3) Anything else I can do?

4) I know this is a Linux question but how can I determine my modem
connect speed.  There's nothing in /etc/messages about connect speed.

Thanks in advance
Bill Dolson

2. boot hangs during "partition check"

3. How to optimize Apache for slow connection?

4. forbid internet access to an application?

5. How to Optimize Apache for Slow Connection?

6. Public Keys Certifications

7. Slow slow connection over 14.4 dip/slip 19.2

8. How can I lock down a Red Hat system?

9. One NFS connection fine, one NFS connection slow

10. Slow connection to my BSD Server via 100Mbit Connection - IPFW/NATD/HTTPD/FTPD

11. Fast linux-windows connection, slow linux-linux connection??

12. Slow PPP Connection But Minicom Connection Fine

13. Slow response from Apache or just slow network?