Email to Fax Gateway Problem

Post by Suzbi » Thu, 23 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I am setting up a website that a user can goto and order the goods.
He then enters his Credit Card info.
A cgi script will then send the cc info over a secure server
to the mercahnt account and if it is good then the order will be emailed to
me.

The part I am stuck on is how (or wether it is possible) to then set up a
server in my office
that connects to my email account every hour and downloads the email. It
then turns the
email into a fax and faxes it to a certain number (supplier)

This would mean that the whole proccess would be completly automatic.

Thanks for any help

Ben Periton

Post by rich jankows » Fri, 24 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>I am setting up a website that a user can goto and order the goods.

"the goods" - RTFL.

Quote:>He then enters his Credit Card info.
>A cgi script will then send the cc info over a secure server
>to the mercahnt account and if it is good then the order will be emailed to
>me.

>The part I am stuck on is how (or wether it is possible) to then set up a
>server in my office
>that connects to my email account every hour and downloads the email. It
>then turns the
>email into a fax and faxes it to a certain number (supplier)

>This would mean that the whole proccess would be completly automatic.

Sounds like you could make good use of a Linux or BSD box. A couple simple
scripts run by the cron could make you connect, download, parse, and fax.

--
rich jankowski

1. Sending email / fax to Internet through MSExchange gateway

Hi

I am trying to configure my AIX machine to send mail and fax through a MS
exchange gateway. I manage to sned mail to my internal mail on the
MSExchange but not able
to send to anyone on the Internet.

What do I need to set on the UNIX to allow it to send on to the Internet.

Thanks

Lee Kim Huat

2. HELP! IBM 100TX MCA Card (RS6000)

3. Email/Fax Gateway?

4. ISDN configuration

5. Email --> Fax Gateway (mgetty+sendfax) ???

6. (1/3) cleanup thread info on x86

7. Email to Fax gateway enhanced - NEED HELP

8. win 9x not seeing Samba server (guru help needed)

9. Problem e-mail to fax in hylafax

10. PPPoE NAT Gateway + E-mail problems

11. Boca fax modem problem with fax. help!

12. Mail to fax gateway

13. Fax/Voice (Win)Modem vs. Gateway-2-PSTN