apache, jserv, servlet to DB doesn't work

apache, jserv, servlet to DB doesn't work

Post by dan.. » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00



Hello,

Any suggestions are greatful.  Thanks,

I am running apache1.3.12 with jserv1.1.1 on NT and connecting to an
informix database.  The connection works nicely in a java.class file,
but from a servlet I get a message that it cannot find the driver
com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver  This is what Jserv log files records.

------------mod_jserv.log
[16/06/2000 19:02:37:763] (ERROR) ajp12: Servlet Error:
java.lang.IllegalAccessException: simpleConnect: simpleConnect
[16/06/2000 19:02:37:763] (ERROR) an error returned handling request
via protocol "ajpv12"

------------jserv.log
[16/06/2000 14:32:24:522 CDT] java.lang.IllegalAccessException:
simpleConnect
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:241)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init
(JServServletManager.java:536)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet
(JServServletManager.java:498)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest
(JServConnection.java:269)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run
(JServConnection.java:188)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)


--
Thanks,  Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

apache, jserv, servlet to DB doesn't work

Post by sg.. » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00


The DB connection is made via a JDBC driver. It appears that your JServ
instance locate the class files for the Informix JDBC Driver. GO ahead
and include it in your classpath and stop/start the server. It should
work...


> Hello,

> Any suggestions are greatful.  Thanks,

> I am running apache1.3.12 with jserv1.1.1 on NT and connecting to an
> informix database.  The connection works nicely in a java.class file,
> but from a servlet I get a message that it cannot find the driver
> com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver  This is what Jserv log files records.

> ------------mod_jserv.log
> [16/06/2000 19:02:37:763] (ERROR) ajp12: Servlet Error:
> java.lang.IllegalAccessException: simpleConnect: simpleConnect
> [16/06/2000 19:02:37:763] (ERROR) an error returned handling request
> via protocol "ajpv12"

> ------------jserv.log
> [16/06/2000 14:32:24:522 CDT] java.lang.IllegalAccessException:
> simpleConnect
>    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
>    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:241)
>    at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init
> (JServServletManager.java:536)
>    at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet
> (JServServletManager.java:498)
>    at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest
> (JServConnection.java:269)
>    at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run
> (JServConnection.java:188)
>    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)


> --
> Thanks,  Dan

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

apache, jserv, servlet to DB doesn't work

Post by dan.. » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00


Thanks for your reply.

My informix JDBC driver is in the classpath and the driver is
successfully found through a simple java application, but it can't be
found through the jserv/servlet.  This is probably some kind of jserv
configuration issue, but I can't find any docs on where to make that
configuration change.

Thanks again, Dan



> The DB connection is made via a JDBC driver. It appears that your
JServ
> instance locate the class files for the Informix JDBC Driver. GO ahead
> and include it in your classpath and stop/start the server. It should
> work...


> > Hello,

> > Any suggestions are greatful.  Thanks,

> > I am running apache1.3.12 with jserv1.1.1 on NT and connecting to an
> > informix database.  The connection works nicely in a java.class
file,
> > but from a servlet I get a message that it cannot find the driver
> > com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver  This is what Jserv log files records.

> > ------------mod_jserv.log
> > [16/06/2000 19:02:37:763] (ERROR) ajp12: Servlet Error:
> > java.lang.IllegalAccessException: simpleConnect: simpleConnect
> > [16/06/2000 19:02:37:763] (ERROR) an error returned handling request
> > via protocol "ajpv12"

> > ------------jserv.log
> > [16/06/2000 14:32:24:522 CDT] java.lang.IllegalAccessException:
> > simpleConnect
> >       at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
> >       at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:241)
> >       at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init
> > (JServServletManager.java:536)
> >       at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet
> > (JServServletManager.java:498)
> >       at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest
> > (JServConnection.java:269)
> >       at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run
> > (JServConnection.java:188)
> >       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)


> > --
> > Thanks,  Dan

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

--
Thanks,  Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

apache, jserv, servlet to DB doesn't work

Post by sg.. » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00


I haven't done this myself - so I can only suggest something that may
hopefully help...I am pasting a cutout from
http://java.apache.org/jserv/install/howto.win32_install.html
Why don't you add the driver path in wrapper.classpath ?

Installing the servlet engine
The servlet engine is a 100% pure Java server application with its own
configuration files. jserv.properties is the main configuration file
while zone.properties is an example servlet zone configuration file
(see the servlet zone howto for more info on servlet zones). You need
to edit a few directives in the jserv.properties file to let the JVM
spawner (either the module or the wrapper) where to find things.

These are the properties you should edit:


PATH)






> Thanks for your reply.

> My informix JDBC driver is in the classpath and the driver is
> successfully found through a simple java application, but it can't be
> found through the jserv/servlet.  This is probably some kind of jserv
> configuration issue, but I can't find any docs on where to make that
> configuration change.

> Thanks again, Dan



> > The DB connection is made via a JDBC driver. It appears that your
> JServ
> > instance locate the class files for the Informix JDBC Driver. GO
ahead
> > and include it in your classpath and stop/start the server. It
should
> > work...


> > > Hello,

> > > Any suggestions are greatful.  Thanks,

> > > I am running apache1.3.12 with jserv1.1.1 on NT and connecting to
an
> > > informix database.  The connection works nicely in a java.class
> file,
> > > but from a servlet I get a message that it cannot find the driver
> > > com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver  This is what Jserv log files records.

> > > ------------mod_jserv.log
> > > [16/06/2000 19:02:37:763] (ERROR) ajp12: Servlet Error:
> > > java.lang.IllegalAccessException: simpleConnect: simpleConnect
> > > [16/06/2000 19:02:37:763] (ERROR) an error returned handling
request
> > > via protocol "ajpv12"

> > > ------------jserv.log
> > > [16/06/2000 14:32:24:522 CDT] java.lang.IllegalAccessException:
> > > simpleConnect
> > >  at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
> > >  at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:241)
> > >  at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init
> > > (JServServletManager.java:536)
> > >  at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet
> > > (JServServletManager.java:498)
> > >  at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest
> > > (JServConnection.java:269)
> > >  at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run
> > > (JServConnection.java:188)
> > >  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)


> > > --
> > > Thanks,  Dan

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

> --
> Thanks,  Dan

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
 
 
 

apache, jserv, servlet to DB doesn't work

Post by Bob Langfo » Sun, 18 Jun 2000 04:00:00



> I haven't done this myself - so I can only suggest something that may
> hopefully help...I am pasting a cutout from
> http://java.apache.org/jserv/install/howto.win32_install.html
> Why don't you add the driver path in wrapper.classpath ?

> Installing the servlet engine
> The servlet engine is a 100% pure Java server application with its own
> configuration files. jserv.properties is the main configuration file
> while zone.properties is an example servlet zone configuration file
> (see the servlet zone howto for more info on servlet zones). You need
> to edit a few directives in the jserv.properties file to let the JVM
> spawner (either the module or the wrapper) where to find things.

> These are the properties you should edit:


> PATH)


I have just been through almost the same problem.  I was setting up
Apache JServ on Linux, connecting to Sybase, but I had the same problem.
The poster quoted above is on the right track, and probably exactly
right.  The Java environment, such as CLASSPATH, is different in JServ
than pure JDK.  It took me a lots of trying and testing to get all the
pieces I needed in the list.

     Good Luck!

 
 
 

apache, jserv, servlet to DB doesn't work

Post by Steve Lan » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00



> Hello,

> Any suggestions are greatful.  Thanks,

> I am running apache1.3.12 with jserv1.1.1 on NT and connecting to an
> informix database.  The connection works nicely in a java.class file,
> but from a servlet I get a message that it cannot find the driver
> com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver  This is what Jserv log files records.

> ------------mod_jserv.log
> [16/06/2000 19:02:37:763] (ERROR) ajp12: Servlet Error:
> java.lang.IllegalAccessException: simpleConnect: simpleConnect
> [16/06/2000 19:02:37:763] (ERROR) an error returned handling request
> via protocol "ajpv12"

> ------------jserv.log
> [16/06/2000 14:32:24:522 CDT] java.lang.IllegalAccessException:
> simpleConnect
>  at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
>  at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:241)
>  at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init
> (JServServletManager.java:536)
>  at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet
> (JServServletManager.java:498)
>  at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest
> (JServConnection.java:269)
>  at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run
> (JServConnection.java:188)
>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

As others have suggested, check to make sure you have a wrapper.classpath
entry that points to the JDBC driver in jserv.properties file. But: you're
not getting a "class not found" error in your log, you're getting an access
exception. so there may be some problem with the configuration of your
servlet zones.

-- sgl

----------
Steve Lane
Project Manager
Chris Moyer Consulting Inc., Chicago
833 W. Chicago Ave. Suite 203
Chicago, IL 60622
312 433-2421 (V)
312 850-3930 (F)

 
 
 

1. (APache+JServ) Where's servlets stdout?

The subject says it all... I am running servlets under Apache 1.3.6
with JServ 1.0 under Solaris (and also under LINUX), and can't quite
understand what file (if any) those servlets' standard output (printed
with System.out.println()) ends up.  No problems with the servlets'
standard error: it goes into Apache's error log, whose location is
specified by ErrorLog in httpd.conf.

The servlets' standard output, as it's often said, goes to the same
place as the web server's standard output; but my problem is that I
don't understand where that latter goes! The apachectl script does not
use any '>' redirections when it invokes httpd, but still no stdout
text appears on the console from which I run 'apachectl start'; and I
don't see it in any standard log file.  Is there some directive in
httpd.conf which can be used to control where stdout goes?

Thanks,

        --Vladimir

2. how do I add fonts to solaris 7 ??

3. Apache Jserv / java servlets under FreeBSD Apache

4. wanted: "xload" for network activity

5. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

6. CONFIG

7. jserv for apache : JServUtils.java:66: Class javax.servlet.http.Cookie not found in import.

8. Newbie Question: re Volume Management

9. Apache/Jserv/Servlets/Memory

10. Apache Jserv - Servlet question

11. Problem with Apache+JServ+Servlets delivering gzipped Files

12. Apache 1.3.3 w/ JServ: Servlet-Error.

13. HELP!? Servlet logs on apache/JServ