How to pass x509 certifiacate information into a cgi program ?

How to pass x509 certifiacate information into a cgi program ?

Post by wong man fa » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello world,

I've run a Apache server with SSL patch for a long time. It works very fine
so far and now I want to do more thing in the security side. My question is
: How can I pass the information such as user's and CA's ID in the
certificate my server received into a cgi program. For example, in a
"ordinary" www server I can get the information such as remote user, remote
host from the environment variables ($REMOTE_USER, $REMOTE_HOST). Can I get
the X509 certificate information in the same way ?
Thanks you reading this post.

Rgds
Wong

How to pass x509 certifiacate information into a cgi program ?

Post by Ralf S. Engelschal » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> I've run a Apache server with SSL patch for a long time. It works very fine
> so far and now I want to do more thing in the security side. My question is
> : How can I pass the information such as user's and CA's ID in the
> certificate my server received into a cgi program. For example, in a
> "ordinary" www server I can get the information such as remote user, remote
> host from the environment variables ($REMOTE_USER, $REMOTE_HOST). Can I get
> the X509 certificate information in the same way ?

Yes, look for the various SSL_XXX variables.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

                                       www.engelschall.com

1. Need to pass parameter from imagemap to CGI program.

Howdy All,
  I am using imagemaps wich total thousands of possible selections.  I want
to pass a single parameter to my CGI program which will then query a
database and pass HTML back to the browser.  Before I hack imagemap beyond
all recognition, has anyone done this or do the newer versions of Apache
allow this?
  I'm using an old beta .9x version of Apache but just downloaded a newer
version.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy Bradley | Systems Analyst | US Meat Animal Research Center | Clay Center

"Around it!  Around it!  Confoundit.  Nobody gave me the specifications.  I
have to do everything myself around here."  Gopher-The Great Honeypot Robbery

2. 2.2.0 Per-process memory limit?

3. Hey server gurus... passing environment variables to CGI programs?

4. processes & network ports

5. passing arguments from cgi forms to shell program

6. MSQL setup question....

7. /cgi-bin/phf /cgi-bin/test-cgi /cgi-bin/handler

8. FreePort functional equivalent for Linux?

9. cgi program which is a daemon/starting daemon from cgi

10. Cannot execute CGI programs in /cgi-bin with Apache

11. Apache, cgi forms, cgi programs - issues - restart resolves issue??

12. Apache, cgi forms, cgi programs - Issues and problems

13. whether the program execution efficiency will be affected if debug information is added into the program