problems with Cobalt Raq4 email aliases

Post by joeb » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 02:22:14

I've recently tried to set up my email server on our Raq4 and cannot
seem to get email aliases working correctly. When I send emails
directly to the account address everything is fine, but any emails
sent to an alias bounce immediately telling me the user is unknown.
Does anyone have experience with this problem? The raq has the current
updates and patches applied already.

1. htaccess problems with Cobalt RAQ4

Hi,

Please accept my apologies in advance if this is the incorrect group
to post this question.

I recently signed up for a dedicated server (hosted elsewhere) and so
far everything is going well (given my total newbieness) except I
can't get my htaccess anti-hotlinking file to work. Here it is:

-----
IndexIgnore *
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(www\.)?dosgames.com/.*$ [NC]
RewriteRule \.(zip|exe)$ http://www.dosgames.com/unauth.php [R,L]
-----

It worked fine on my old (shared hosting) host so I don't think the
problem is with the script itself. When I create a folder and place
the .htaccess file into that folder on my server, and then try to
access that folder or any file within it, I receive an "Internal
Server Error". That's all it says, no error number or anything. eg:

http://www.dosgames.com/files/

I don't know what the problem is and my host tells me it will cost me
$50 per hour (!) to have them fix the problem for me. :( From reading
various usenet posts it seems like the problem could be in the
access.conf file, currently it has:

AllowOverride AuthConfig Indexes Limit

It seems like it should be:

AllowOverride All

But I can't even change this file. When I telnet in and try to modify
it, it says "Cannot open file for writing: Permission denied." I get
this error when I'm logged in as admin for the RAQ.

Any help/tips would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Darren

3. Cobalt RAQ4 and Apache 1.3.12 - Cache issues

4. weep

5. Need Help Using .htaccess on Cobalt RAQ4

6. Anybody built MH on RS/6000?

7. OT squid & Cobalt Cache Raq4

8. ASUS SP3G + SCSI HardDrive, how to install the kernel?

9. script alias problem - Re: apache alias and script alias problem

10. Cobalt Qube: receiving redirected e-mail

11. email send-receive problems through two ip aliases

12. aliases, aliases, aliases...

13. apache alias and script alias problem