mwm and ksh aliases

Post by Scott D. Tayl » Thu, 28 Apr 1994 15:12:16

Is there a way to get mwm to recognize my ksh aliases so that I can use
aliases in my .mwmrc file.  For example I might like to have the following
in my .mwmrc

Menu MainMenu
{
    "Lock screen"     f.exec "mylock"

Quote:}

where mylock is an alias for "xlock"

I can't get mwm to recognize mylock as an alias for xlock.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott D. Taylor

1. XDM, Ksh, mwm, and nothing works

I tried to compile, install, and run XDM on
a system running AIX 3.2 loaded from a tape
version 3.2.0.

Nothing seemed to work right. XDM starts
aixterm kshs that you can't change the TERM
and DISPLAY env variables. They don't read
the user's .profile. The XDM Xservers file
has an undocumented option -sdebug in it
that seems to be required, but what does it
do?  And how do you get a ksh to read a
.kshrc? We do not yet have a system loaded
with InfoExplorer, so that's part of the
problem.

Any help would be really be appreciated.

--

Bruce E. Parkin

2. dual host access to a single LUN

3. turn off Mwm pager in Lesstif/Mwm

4. -->US-LA,CA - USC ENTERTAINMENT TECH CENTER needs PROGRAMMERS!!!

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. Linux X Gui Recommendations wanted

7. aliases, aliases, aliases...

8. Winblows NT Blows! FOAD, Bill Gates. (Rant)

9. script alias problem - Re: apache alias and script alias problem

10. How can I define an alias for an arrow key in ksh (AIX 3.2)?

11. alias in KSH ?

12. alias in ksh

13. Parameters for alias csh to ksh