how to setup automatic MO mount when power on after an accidental power off?

how to setup automatic MO mount when power on after an accidental power off?

Post by sou » Sun, 18 Aug 2002 05:03:04

every time there is a sudden power off, we have to mount the disks manually.
how to make it done automatically?
thanks.

Post by Adam Pric » Sun, 18 Aug 2002 14:57:25

> every time there is a sudden power off, we have to mount the disks
> manually. how to make it done automatically?
> thanks.

You are fixing the wrong problem, get a UPS.

In order to mount things at startup one normally adds an entry
to /etc/fstab (Or whatever the equivalent on your system is).

For better answers than this you will need to provide lots
more details, but probably to some other newsgroup as this
is not a 'shell' question but an admin one.

Adam

Post by sou » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 04:46:56

> > every time there is a sudden power off, we have to mount the disks
> > manually. how to make it done automatically?
> > thanks.

> You are fixing the wrong problem, get a UPS.

> In order to mount things at startup one normally adds an entry
> to /etc/fstab (Or whatever the equivalent on your system is).

> For better answers than this you will need to provide lots
> more details, but probably to some other newsgroup as this
> is not a 'shell' question but an admin one.

> Adam

thanks Adam!