Scripts/methods for paging...

Post by Ali Anghai » Mon, 16 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to come up with a good method of having the mail server page me
when an e-mail comes to a specific account...

I have all the event based scripts that will parse the message for key
headers and such to produce the wanted code.  And it'll trigger whatever
other script I want it too.

Now, I'm having trouble writing a small script to propely utilize 'cu' to
call out and send a numeric message...

Any suggestions?  An alphanumeric system would be nice too...

Thanks...

  - Ali A. (Amir-Ali R. Anghaie)

  { Any opinions herein are not facts :) }

Scripts/methods for paging...

Post by Icarus Spar » Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>I'm trying to come up with a good method of having the mail server page me
>when an e-mail comes to a specific account...

>I have all the event based scripts that will parse the message for key
>headers and such to produce the wanted code.  And it'll trigger whatever
>other script I want it too.

>Now, I'm having trouble writing a small script to propely utilize 'cu' to
>call out and send a numeric message...

>Any suggestions?  An alphanumeric system would be nice too...

It is hard to do this kind of thing in 'sh', you realy want to see the
output of prompts from the remote end, and react to them.

This is the reason the program 'expect' was written, and one of its demo
programs is dialing up a pager service, and sending it a message, exactly
what you want.

Icarus

1. Secure method of handling user home pages

I've been searching on the web but haven't found any suggestions on ways
to improve security when dealing with user home pages.

I've got a linux based apache server which I'm getting ready to place on
a semi-public net behind a firewall.  The users accounts will be on a
solaris machine on a private network behind the same firewall.  I'd like
to share username info via NIS but w/o the password information passed
to the machine.  I'd also like to find a way to not NFS mount the users
home directories to the web server.  The ideal solution would involve
only the .html directories being mounted/copied/whatever to the web
server.  Any ideas on an efficient way of doing this or pointers on
where I can info that would help me?

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. LINUX => Internet

3. man.page.to.plain.text.method

4. Why are the space characters ignored?

5. CERN httpd : Method to serve 1 page given *any* request

6. 3 quickies

7. WANTED: Method for indexing man pages

8. child exited 74 (I/O error.)

9. Functions/methods called from C++ programs/methods

10. Apache Problem: Method POST Method Not Implemented

11. method error (/etc/methods/cfgsctape)

12. AIX 4.3.2 Method error (/etc/methods/cfgsctape):

13. Looking what method to use to past argv in bash script.