Can anybody give me shell

Post by Mister » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Can anybody provide me of free shell please ,to run an eggdrop ...
thnx
If you know a good shell and NOT to expensive mail me pls

Can anybody give me shell

Post by Brian B. McGuinnes » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Can anybody provide me of free shell please ,to run an eggdrop ...
> thnx
> If you know a good shell and NOT to expensive mail me pls

  Go to http://www.gnu.org and select "Downloads" from the
top of the screen to obtain instructions on getting Gnu software.
The Gnu "Bash" shell is free, but you may have to compile it
with a C compiler.

--- Brian

Can anybody give me shell

Post by Jonathan Lecki » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Can anybody provide me of free shell please ,to run an eggdrop ...
> thnx
> If you know a good shell and NOT to expensive mail me pls

Could some one please explain to me what on earth one of these eggdrop
things is and in this context what a shell is ?

--
Jonathan Leckie - Feeling like a befuddled old man

Can anybody give me shell

Post by Ron Fera » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I've never used "eggdrop" but some of clients use it (we're
an ISP).  It appears to be some kind of chat client support
software that runs under UNIX.  It reminds me of a "bot" for
the IRC.

The "shell" in the case appears to be a "shell account."  In
short, off topic.