recalling shellscripts in bash

Post by Ravi Kum » Sun, 25 Sep 1994 00:28:59

Newsgroups: comp.unix.shells
Subject: recalling shellscripts in bash

All,
        I posted a query a couple of weeks ago on how to recall multi line
command line shell scripts. Some one told me to use bash. I have now changed to
bash but I did not come across any literature which tells me how to recall a
whole shell script. There was talk on how you can pop up an editor and continue
to debug a script until it was cool enough and then you could even save it into
a file. Is this true?? Can this be done?? Someone help please.
--

Cheers,

Ravi Kumar                                      PS: All opinions are mine.

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. Color Quality in X vs Windoze

3. recall of previous command tokens in bash or kornshell

4. 2.4.9-pre1 NFS problem

5. Bashing bash (Was Re: bash or user error with set -e and subshells)

6. BBS software

7. Bash calls TCL, TCL calls Bash, 2nd Bash never reads input

8. 1 * XMmZcjaIJ-still "no joy" w/remote ufsdump

9. SUID in shellscript

10. is sudo shellscript secure ?

11. Bash/CGI - - HTML call to Bash script

12. mysql test via shellscript

13. ShellScript