URGENT! NEED SCRIPT!

Post by Abe Seidenfel » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi Everyone!

I need a script to send a file via e-mail to an e-mail site on the web.
 [A
I am running SCO Unix 3.2.4.2 character based.  I will be sending a file
daily to an e-mail address.  I need to automate the process.

Please can someone help with a script?

Thanks much:

Abe Seidenfeld

URGENT! NEED SCRIPT!

Post by J. Ben » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Errrrr.... how 'bout:

mail to_site <file

Used to work on the old System V on 3B2's anyway - don't suspect that
anything has changed....

> Hi Everyone!

> I need a script to send a file via e-mail to an e-mail site on the web.
>  [A
> I am running SCO Unix 3.2.4.2 character based.  I will be sending a file
> daily to an e-mail address.  I need to automate the process.

> Please can someone help with a script?

> Thanks much:

> Abe Seidenfeld

URGENT! NEED SCRIPT!

Post by Kurt J. Lanz » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Hi Everyone!

> I need a script to send a file via e-mail to an e-mail site on the web.
>  [A
> I am running SCO Unix 3.2.4.2 character based.  I will be sending a file
> daily to an e-mail address.  I need to automate the process.

> Please can someone help with a script?

What is your problem? A script is simply a file which contains what
would otherwise be keystrokes, and whic is executable. So writing
the script you need is probably a 5 minute task. So why do you  need
help with it?

URGENT! NEED SCRIPT!

Post by Abe Seidenfel » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

The point is that I never used the mail command,,,,period.
I use TERM by Century Software.  I probably need to set up the modem
to workwith uucp.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Also, I need the

Thanks:

Abe