Reading data from multiple files to a single file

Reading data from multiple files to a single file

Post by Saqib Mausoo » Thu, 28 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I have a shell script that is reading information from 37 ports and
updating information into 37 different files. However, i would like to
combine these 37 files periodically into one big file, so that it is
ready to be loaded into my RDBS. Since my shell is kind of a login script
for the ports, each port runs a seperate specific instance, and I am
trying to launch a daemon which appends all these files into one file.

Any suggestions on a clean way to do this? Would there be problems
appending these files together when they are been written to, Can I read
data from all these files and write them out to the BIG file,
periodicaly?

Thanks in advance, I have some ideas for this, but I open to suggestions,
since I am not too sure about how this will work.

--
Saqib Mausoof
I have a hard enough time speaking for myself, so speaking on behalf

1. Break Single File Into Multiple FIles

Hello,

I would like to know how to break a single text file into multiple,
smaller files.

This file was generated from an analysis and is about 95MB. I can load
it into the text editor on an AIX. I can use more and page to view the
file but if I can get it into a text editor, that would be more
helpful as I need to extract data from it.

Is there a command or a way to do it?

Kindly advise.
Thank you very much.
Cheers,
Ctrl-Reset

2. Boot with Adaptec AIC7850 SCSI

3. Appending a single file to multiple files

4. postfix creates a lot of processes that slow down my machine

5. Question about file permissions - sharing data files between multiple users

6. Does a non-windows keyboard exist?

7. how do i concatenate multiple files then split them into multiple files

8. books and training, DEC UNIX, Fortran

9. want a single command to merge consecutive 2 lines in a data file

10. consistent read() on file while rename() file.new -> file?

11. Spanning a Single File Over Multiple Tapes under Solaris 2.6

12. replace a single string in multiple files w/ a shell script + sed

13. Multiple writes to a single file