{info} SDF PAU, Free shell access!

Post by Severed Communicatio » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

The SDF Public Access UNIX system is pretty cool!  Its the only
place I've seen where you can use ICQ at the UNIX shell.  Besides
that, their free account gives you 10 megs of disk space and a
subdomain URL!  Making an account was really easy, you just
telnet to sdf.lonestar.org and login as visitor.  Once you
make your account, you are instantly able to login.  You can
use all the UNIX utilities.

Try it out:  http://freeshell.org

They got their start in 1987 and their following is international!

{info} SDF PAU, Free shell access!

Post by DOSIU » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> The SDF Public Access UNIX system is pretty cool!  Its the only
> place I've seen where you can use ICQ at the UNIX shell.  Besides
> that, their free account gives you 10 megs of disk space and a
> subdomain URL!  Making an account was really easy, you just
> telnet to sdf.lonestar.org and login as visitor.  Once you
> make your account, you are instantly able to login.  You can
> use all the UNIX utilities.

> Try it out:  http://freeshell.org

> They got their start in 1987 and their following is international!

All?

Try telnet://nether.net
MUCH better.  (Except it doesn't run an x86-compatible processor)
--
Dosius - hobbyist computer programmer and translator
"Kompyuutaa-ni kawatte oshioki-yo!"

(I have my own free-mail site! Visit http://dosius.zzn.com for info)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.