core file size is being set to 0

Post by K Banerje » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 17:16:45

My login shell is ksh88, on a RedHat 7.2 system. The core file size
is being set to 0 and I can not figure out how. I have verified
that none of the following is the cause:

1. /etc/profile
2. /etc/profile.d
3. ~/.profile
4. /etc/security/limits.conf

I can not change the core file size using ulimit -c. Any ideas
as to what is setting the core file size to 0? Can this be compiled
into the kernel?

Thanks.

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. Using Windows Fonts with Red Hat 6.0

3. Compiling whit gcc, I got an error : I think a library is not ok, which one ?

5. Peer's are dying?

6. Am I touchy? Or am I right?

7. small file but: Filesize limit exceeded

11. I am si**y am I?

12. CDE 1.3: Hangs/Core Dumps for automounted logins: What am I doing wrong?