Running my ksh shell script on Windows

Post by laredotorn.. » Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:43:27

Hello, I have a shell script that I wrote for ksh on Solaris 8 that
also invokes a couple of Java processes.  I would like to run this
script on a Windows machine (XP) and I am wondering if there is
anything I can install to emulate the environment without my having to
rewrite the script.

Thanks for any advice, - Dave

Post by Ed Morto » Fri, 11 Feb 2005 00:30:59

> Hello, I have a shell script that I wrote for ksh on Solaris 8 that
> also invokes a couple of Java processes.  I would like to run this
> script on a Windows machine (XP) and I am wondering if there is
> anything I can install to emulate the environment without my having to
> rewrite the script.

> Thanks for any advice, - Dave

Cygwin - http://www.cygwin.com

        Ed

1. NEED: Shell script (ksh) for producing trees of run(call) statements

What shell script (probably involving grep) will produce a readable and
usable tree of the run (or call-type) statements in order of the running
of each thread of these programs calling each other?

I need this when inheriting a huge systems of software with many sub-modules
that I have to maintain.

Thank you,

--
Howard Hunnicutt

UUCP:  ...!emory!pd.org!dcm

2. How to remove file

3. Running Korn Shell scripts programatically under Windows

4. This isn't an advocacy group. It's the OK Corral.

5. Incomplete output from crontab email: running shell scripts from a perl script

6. Linux-Apache behind winnt 4.0 - HELP!!!

7. How to find other copies of same shell script running inside shell?

8. audio recording

9. c-shell script won't run from korn-shell / SETUID

10. How to run shell script without login shell?

11. Shell script to run script to record output from a program

12. how to run your tcsh shell script in the new shell

13. - How can I run ksh as a root shell?