UNIX Version of IPCONFIG

Post by Mark B Starme » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 00:05:55

Is there a unix command that returns your IP address configuration? I
can't find one anywhere... [Using Mandrake 9.0]

--
Best Regards

Mark Starmer

BSc Computer Science > Faculty of Computer Science & Engineering > De Montfort University > Leicester (UK)

http://www.djbarney.net

UNIX Version of IPCONFIG

Post by Lew Pitch » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 00:13:59

On Wed, 04 Dec 2002 15:05:55 +0000, in comp.unix.shell, "Mark B Starmer"

>Is there a unix command that returns your IP address configuration? I
>can't find one anywhere... [Using Mandrake 9.0]

ifconfig

The MSWindows version of the Unix ifconfig is called ipconfig

Lew Pitcher, Information Technology Consultant, Toronto Dominion Bank Financial Group

UNIX Version of IPCONFIG

Post by Mark B Starme » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 00:38:42

> ifconfig
> The MSWindows version of the Unix ifconfig is called ipconfig

Les,

Many thanks. I've been looking for this for hours!

--

Post by Mark B Starme » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 00:40:33

> Les,

Lew,

Sorry, I didn't mean to spell your name wrong...

--
Best Regards

Mark Starmer

BSc Computer Science > Faculty of Computer Science & Engineering >
De Montfort University > Leicester (UK)

http://www.djbarney.net

UNIX Version of IPCONFIG

Post by those who know me have no need of my nam » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 04:25:08

in comp.unix.shell i read:

>> ifconfig
>I've been looking for this for hours!

sounds like you need to familiarize yourself with your system's
documentation, and the various commands that search it:

  man man
  man -k word

there are probably other things too.

UNIX Version of IPCONFIG