Preserving File Date with FTP

Post by Walt » Sat, 07 May 1994 18:46:02

Is there a way to preserve the file's date when I use FTP to transfer the file
from a FTP site and not have it come up with the transfer date on the file?

Thanks in Advance, Walt

1. Preserving date stamps in ftp

Hi there,

Is there a way I can preserve the date stamps when ftping files from ftp
sites?
On the Win95 side, WS_FTP Pro seems to be able to do it.
I'm using the basic ftp program in Linux 2.32

,,*,,,,,______/|___,i__/~~, ,. ,.' To reply remove the 's' in

 o       / )))       --_\      Vancouver, British Columbia
<tim><   ~~~\|----~~\   \     http://www.ugrad.cs.ubc.ca/spider/v8k1

2. Why does this simple malloc fail at 62MB on HP-UX 10.20

3. HELP: FTP Not Preserving Dates (NT to AIX)

4. Modem pooling for Win95 Systems

5. best way to transfer file, while preserving the date and permission

6. Logitech Pilot Mous+

7. Wanted: xftp that preserves file dates/times?

8. Linux Books ?

9. Q: How to preserve date of file when changing it's contents

10. dates of files restored by tar preserved?

11. preserve file modified date

12. how to ftp a file and preserve the old datetime?

13. Archiving files in "date folders" based on date and time file generated