Midnight Commander problem when telneting to shell

Midnight Commander problem when telneting to shell

Post by Sa » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:16:08

Hello:

I asked the following question on linux related groups but no answer
yet... Can anybody in this groups help?

Thanks,

Sam

-----------
I telnet to my Linux from my Windows machine.

When I activate MC through the telnet window, everything looks almost
the same as being on the actual Linux computer.

However, the F keys do not function properly:

F10 acts like F9
F9 like F8

etc...

Is it the telnet client (QVT 4.2d) settings? Terminal emulation
choice? I played around with them without much success.

Thanks!

Sam

Midnight Commander problem when telneting to shell

Post by those who know me have no need of my nam » Thu, 13 Sep 2001 01:39:28

Quote:>When I activate MC through the telnet window, everything looks almost
>the same as being on the actual Linux computer.

>However, the F keys do not function properly:

>F10 acts like F9
>F9 like F8

the terminal setting isn't correct.

--
okay, have a sig then

Post by Bill Marcu » Thu, 13 Sep 2001 07:22:53

>F10 acts like F9
>F9 like F8

>etc...

>Is it the telnet client (QVT 4.2d) settings? Terminal emulation
>choice? I played around with them without much success.

Your client might have a setting where F1 gives help for the client and
F2 sends F1, and so on.

Midnight Commander problem when telneting to shell

Post by Sa » Sat, 15 Sep 2001 13:34:21

The client allows me to customize these.

It gives me choices starting with "PF1", which are I think choices on
a vt220 terminal.

I looked at the terminal choices there are only VTxx terminals.

Anybody out there knows what I should put in QVT to get the proper
keys?

Thanks!

Sam

> >F10 acts like F9
> >F9 like F8

> >etc...

> >Is it the telnet client (QVT 4.2d) settings? Terminal emulation
> >choice? I played around with them without much success.

> Your client might have a setting where F1 gives help for the client and
> F2 sends F1, and so on.

1. How do you get Midnight Commander to work properly when telneting?

Hello:

I telnet to my Linux from my Windows machine.

When I activate MC through the telnet window, everything looks almost
the same as being on the actual Linux computer.

However, the F keys do not function properly:

F10 acts like F9
F9 like F8

etc...

Is it the telnet client (QVT 4.2d) settings? Terminal emulation
choice? I played around with them without much success.

Thanks!

Sam

2. 2.5.41 s390 (8/8): 16 bit uid/gids.

3. No colors in midnight commander via a telnet session

4. Initcall / device model meltdown?

5. Midnight Commander 1.0 (was Mouseless Commander)

6. Anon FTProblems

7. Problems with Midnight Commander

8. help in setting up a router/gateway

9. Problems with midnight commander

10. Midnight Commander file permissions problem

11. problem with midnight commander

12. No colour with Emacs and Midnight Commander: ncurses problem?

13. Midnight Commander installation problems under FBSD4.5