Perl script log file output has duplicate copies of output lines

Perl script log file output has duplicate copies of output lines

Post by John Putn » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:19:36

I have a perl script (Solaris 5.7,Perl 5x) when run from the command
line runs fine but when run as either a ksh or csh script shows
sections of the stdout log duplicated, sometimes up to 5 times.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

  Thanks in advance

1. awk-outputting input line in specified output line

Hello,

    I have a question about awk that I have asked a number of people
about but have had no joy with. A colleague have mine has suggested that
I submit the question to this newsgroup to see if anyone can help me.

Basically is there a way that I can use awk to extract a line from an
input file and put it into an output file on a specific line number i.e.

Input file contents

Hello there how are you
today. I am fine thank
you

If I use awk '/today/' input_file to extract the line today. I am fine
thank

Is there a way that I can output the line 'today. I am fine thank' on
for instance line 5 in the output file?

Output file contents

blank line
blank line
blank line
blank line
today. I am fine thank

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

Ian

2. warning - bdflush not running ???

3. Outputting to a log file and translating output

4. Changing to shared /usr system

5. Outputting to screen and log; copying file descriptors

6. GXMedia 5530

7. How to redirect some Perl script output to a file?

8. mirroring my project

9. (copy of) output of script to file.

10. Incomplete output from crontab email: running shell scripts from a perl script

11. Advice on shell script to output only lines that do not exist in file

12. Directing Shell Script output to a file from command line

13. Advice on shell script to output only lines that do not exist in file