listening to a serial port

Post by Trav » Sun, 31 Mar 2002 04:18:36

I have a main controller connected to a firewall on a serial port...
and I am a real newbie on bourne shell programming, but what I want is
to write a script that listens to that serial port and recognize when
lilo starts up... I'm pretty sure that it's possible, but can't find
the command to listen for lilo.
Any ideas?  Am I insane? Or just stupid?

Travis Clark

listening to a serial port

Post by Bill Marc » Sun, 31 Mar 2002 06:18:05

Quote:>I have a main controller connected to a firewall on a serial port...
>and I am a real newbie on bourne shell programming, but what I want is
>to write a script that listens to that serial port and recognize when
>lilo starts up... I'm pretty sure that it's possible, but can't find
>the command to listen for lilo.
>Any ideas?  Am I insane? Or just stupid?

>Travis Clark

Assuming you have compiled Lilo to send its output to a serial port,
a chat script might work, or you could use expect.

1. apache listen to port 80, another standalone apache+modssl listen port 443, not working..?!

Hi,

I have setup a 'main' apache which listen to port 80.
And setup another copy of apache+modssl listen to port 443, this
apache+modssl failed to start .?!

Error message: "/bin/apachectl start: httpd (pid 76190) already
running"

Error saying that the 'main' apache is running so this apache+modssl
cannot be started..?

Any idea?

Thanks

-qaz

2. PCMCIA 3COM FastEthernet PC-CARDBUS

3. Two applications listening one serial port

4. Mutt for AIX

5. Listen to serial port.

6. Problem with DFE530-TX rev.A NIC (via-rhine driver)

7. Listening to a serial port ... Can anyone help?

8. Linux + Hotswap of PCMCIA eth cards

9. "Listening" for input into serial ports?

10. listening on serial port

11. How do I make Linux listen on the serial port?

12. Two applications listening one serial port

13. Talking/listening to serial ports under linux?