Windows binaries for ls.exe, rm.exe, etc.?

Windows binaries for ls.exe, rm.exe, etc.?

Post by Karsten Weine » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:06:43

Hi,
I would like to use zsh on my Windows 95 system. zsh runs fine, but
very basic commands like ls, rm, cp etc. do not work since zsh does
not execute them by itself (like command.com), but looks for binaries.

I looked for a long time on the internet now und could not find any of
these.

Can you help me?

Regards,
Karsten.

Post by Mike Brodbel » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:28:38

> Hi,
> I would like to use zsh on my Windows 95 system. zsh runs fine, but very
> basic commands like ls, rm, cp etc. do not work since zsh does not
> execute them by itself (like command.com), but looks for binaries.

> I looked for a long time on the internet now und could not find any of
> these.

You need the Cygwin tools - http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin/.

HTH

Mike.