Can you use -bash in /etc/profile?

Post by redho.. » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

There are two lines in my /etc/profile like this:

 case "$0" in
-sh | -ksh | -jsh)

What should I do if I want bash to pass this test as well?
Will /etc/profile receive something like "-bash"?

Thanks-
   Carter

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Can you use -bash in /etc/profile?

Post by karthi » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Yes. U can add -bash in the 'case' statement. For bash to pass this
test, it should be your login shell.

HTH

Karthik

> There are two lines in my /etc/profile like this:

>  case "$0" in
> -sh | -ksh | -jsh)

> What should I do if I want bash to pass this test as well?
> Will /etc/profile receive something like "-bash"?

> Thanks-
>    Carter

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. WINS ... how to setup?

3. Why bash not reading /etc/profile on login?

4. Creating a log file from a Deamon

5. bash-shell and /etc/profile in KDE

6. Help: where to find RS-232 driver?

7. users can't login bash: /etc/profile: Permission denied

8. limit on global variables in csh

9. changing bash profile into csh profile?

10. ksh not reading /.profile or /etc/profile

11. Telnet login doesn't run /etc/profile or $HOME/.profile

12. /etc/profile or $HOME/profile

13. cmdtool doesn't source /.profile or /etc/profile