command to extract mp3/ogg info (bitrate, time, etc)?

command to extract mp3/ogg info (bitrate, time, etc)?

Post by Sean Sulliva » Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:30:22

I want to write a program in Perl to manage my music collection using mySQL
and was wondering what command would extract various info about each file
including bitrate and length.

Thanks in advance,

Sean Sullivan

Post by foo » Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:14:43

> I want to write a program in Perl to manage my music collection using
> mySQL and was wondering what command would extract various info about each
> file including bitrate and length.

> Thanks in advance,

> Sean Sullivan

mp3info <http://www.ibiblio.org/mp3info/>
ogginfo - part of the "vorbis-tools" package

Post by Sean Sulliva » Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:31:45

>> I want to write a program in Perl to manage my music collection using
>> mySQL and was wondering what command would extract various info about
>> each file including bitrate and length.

>> Thanks in advance,

>> Sean Sullivan

> mp3info <http://www.ibiblio.org/mp3info/>
> ogginfo - part of the "vorbis-tools" package

Perfect! Thanks alot!

Sean Sullivan