How to find the version of make I am running on HP

How to find the version of make I am running on HP

Post by Rohit Desa » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am using HP-UX denscm01 B.10.20 A 9000/871. How do I find the version
of make currently running on this system?

Thanks

  rdesai.vcf
< 1K Download

Post by Ralf Draege » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> I am using HP-UX denscm01 B.10.20 A 9000/871. How do I find the version
> of make currently running on this system?

> Thanks

make -v

HTH, Ralf.
--

- Intraplan Consult Gmbh     Orleansplatz 5a  81667 Muenchen   +49 89 45911-0 -

Mens sana in campari soda.         Captain Kirk, meet my father. He's Dad, Jim.

Post by Dan Merc » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>> I am using HP-UX denscm01 B.10.20 A 9000/871. How do I find the version
>> of make currently running on this system?

>> Thanks
> make -v

> HTH, Ralf.

$ /usr/bin/make -v
Make: Unknown flag argument v.  Stop.
$ ident /usr/bin/make
/usr/bin/make:
     $Revision: 92453-07 linker linker crt0.o A.10.44 951205 $
     $Revision: 78.1 $

--
Dan Mercer

How to find the version of make I am running on HP

Post by Rohit Desa » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Thank you so much Dan,
that worked

-Rohit

> >> I am using HP-UX denscm01 B.10.20 A 9000/871. How do I find the version
> >> of make currently running on this system?

> >> Thanks
> > make -v

> > HTH, Ralf.

> $ /usr/bin/make -v
> Make: Unknown flag argument v.  Stop.
> $ ident /usr/bin/make
> /usr/bin/make:
>      $Revision: 92453-07 linker linker crt0.o A.10.44 951205 $
>      $Revision: 78.1 $

> --
> Dan Mercer

> Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not represent those of my employer.

  rdesai.vcf
< 1K Download

Post by brian hile » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>>> I am using HP-UX denscm01 B.10.20 A 9000/871. How do I find the version
>>> of make currently running on this system?
> $ /usr/bin/make -v
> Make: Unknown flag argument v.  Stop.
> $ ident /usr/bin/make
> /usr/bin/make:
>      $Revision: 92453-07 linker linker crt0.o A.10.44 951205 $
>      $Revision: 78.1 $

That is an _internal_ version number. The date information is this
case is more representational of the relative "make" up-to-datedness.
Like many other first generation Unix software tools (including
tar, od, and others) that arcane syntax and/or many simultaneous
versions, make is well known for being in no one development lineage,
and for having many, many features tacked on through the years.

This is annoying, and experts in make better than I have addressed
this issue.  The information you really want is which canonical
features does _your_ version of make implement, and to this question
there is a suite of shell scripts that will tell you, from:

ftp://ftp.ora.com/pub/examples/nutshell/make/make.tar.Z

-Brian

Post by Dan Merc » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>> $ /usr/bin/make -v
>> Make: Unknown flag argument v.  Stop.
>> $ ident /usr/bin/make
>> /usr/bin/make:
>>      $Revision: 92453-07 linker linker crt0.o A.10.44 951205 $
>>      $Revision: 78.1 $

> That is an _internal_ version number. The date information is this
> case is more representational of the relative "make" up-to-datedness.

Most likely he just wants to know whether he needs to upgrade his make
from HP.  And the ident info is what he needs to do that.  Personally,
I use GNU make which supports the -v option.

--
Dan Mercer

Quote:> Like many other first generation Unix software tools (including
> tar, od, and others) that arcane syntax and/or many simultaneous
> versions, make is well known for being in no one development lineage,
> and for having many, many features tacked on through the years.

> This is annoying, and experts in make better than I have addressed
> this issue.  The information you really want is which canonical
> features does _your_ version of make implement, and to this question
> there is a suite of shell scripts that will tell you, from:

> ftp://ftp.ora.com/pub/examples/nutshell/make/make.tar.Z

> -Brian

1. (Q) How do I find what version of KDE I am running?

As a matter of interest, how does one tell what version of KDE one is running
(under RedHat-6.2)?
I tried "rpm -qa | fgrep -i kde" but it didn't help greatly.

Also, are there RPMs for KDE-2 under RedHat-6.2
which will work without difficulty?
(I've been put off by the stream of queries in this newsgroup.)

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: 086-233 6090

2. FAT32 and Redhat Linux 5.1

3. how do i find out what version of X i am running

4. ***CHMOD ?***

5. how do I find out which version of X i am running?

6. Korganizer, Kail, Konqueror Bookmark toolbar.. 3.1 vs 3.1.1

7. How can I find out what version of Apache I am currently running?

8. Creating Scripts in Linux for AIX?

9. Need to find which version I am using for XFree86.

10. How do I find out what version of the C compiler I am using?

11. what version of X am I running?

12. what version of dga am I running?

13. What version of Perl am I running?