Browser calls CGI C function which sets an env var and call a c function crashes

Browser calls CGI C function which sets an env var and call a c function crashes

Post by Black » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I just wonder if this could be a Unix environment Security issue:

A CGI C program set an environment variable  used by a C function (external
library) to generate a crypted code.

From the shell evrything works fine. From the browser the program crashes.

When I set the env var to a bad value, the CGI runs well when called by the
browser but the code is not generated.

Could this be either a security issue or a Unix environment issue ?

Thanks for your answers.

KB

1. CGI C set env var and call a c external function failed on UNIX

I just wonder if this could be a Unix environment Security issue:

A CGI C program set an environment variable  used by a C function (external
library) to generate a crypted code.

From the shell evrything works fine. From the browser the program crashes.

When I set the env var to a bad value, the CGI runs well when called by the
browser but the code is not generated.

Could this be either a security issue or a Unix environment issue ?

Thanks for your answers.

KB

2. Some question about dial-out

3. how to know the instruction address of calling function within called function?

4. Reverse Domain File

5. Call function within a function

6. Driver for i82592 based ethernet card

7. Tree of Functions calling Functions etc.

8. choice of framebuffer causes Oops from char/console.c (2.4.19-pre7-ac4)

9. Main function calling another main function

10. Need utility to trap network function calls (socket calls) and save to log file

11. Non-__init functions calling __init functions

12. Name of the function/script that called the actual function?

13. C functions calling C++ functions on Solaris