IS there a way to trace suid program with suid permissions

IS there a way to trace suid program with suid permissions

Post by puzzlecracke » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 06:08:58

I want trace the program with its currently running permission,  yet i
think it is a security bridge, thus it cannot be accomplished?

Post by Icarus Sparr » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:54:42

> I want trace the program with its currently running permission,  yet i
> think it is a security bridge, thus it cannot be accomplished?

You can trace it if you already have the currently running permissions.

IS there a way to trace suid program with suid permissions

Post by Stephane CHAZELA » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 03:24:34

2005-12-10, 13:08(-08), puzzlecracker:

Quote:> I want trace the program with its currently running permission,  yet i
> think it is a security bridge, thus it cannot be accomplished?

Have the owner of the file or root run strace.

--
Stphane

Post by puzzlecracke » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 04:29:06

> 2005-12-10, 13:08(-08), puzzlecracker:
> > I want trace the program with its currently running permission,  yet i
> > think it is a security bridge, thus it cannot be accomplished?

> Have the owner of the file or root run strace.

> --
> Stphane

How?

Post by Barry Margoli » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:50:14

> > 2005-12-10, 13:08(-08), puzzlecracker:
> > > I want trace the program with its currently running permission,  yet i
> > > think it is a security bridge, thus it cannot be accomplished?

> > Have the owner of the file or root run strace.

> > --
> > Stphane

> How?

Send him an email asking him to run the program under trace.

--

Arlington, MA

1. My suid program will not rsh as uid of program

Hi,
how can I create a program to rsh onto a remote hosts as a trusted user
on that host.
I have created a suid program in C which I want to use to run commands
on a remote host as a specific user but it fails.
C program fred.c:-
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <unistd.h>
main()
{
    system("rsh remote_host ls");
    exit(0);
cc -o fred fred.c
chmod 4755 fred
ls -l fred
-rwsr-xr-x   1 rskelton itezbr      5872 Mar 29 13:00 fred

As the user rskelton I can rsh commands on remote_hosts.
If I login as another user and run this program I can't;-
rlogin this_hosts -l rts
/path_to_fred/fred

User Name : rts
account expired

This is what I would expect for the user rts not the user rskelton.
We use pam auth by user to restrict access to the remote hosts.
The systems in question are all Solaris 8 current patches as of end Feb 04.

--

Cheers

Richard Skelton

Infineon Technologies UK Ltd
Infineon House
Great Western Court
Hunts Ground Road
Stoke Gifford
Bristol
BS32 8HP
Tel +44(0)117 9528808

2. Filesystem Objects Become Unreadable

3. xterm permission (suid bit set?)

4. Limits for POSIX Threads on SOLARIS?

5. permission for non-suid Xserver?

6. Upgrading 2.3 to 2.4 - Summary of responses

7. SUID programs

8. OT: qmail + courierimap + gui IMAP client

9. SUID root programs

10. HELP: question about SUID programs

11. FDs 0, 1, 2 for SUID/SGID programs

12. SUID programs under Linux 1.2.1

13. getting suid program to output to user's term