executable not running under Korn shell

Post by Andrew Muelle » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> >When I try to run an executable cgxg.x in the Korn shell by typing
> >'cgxg.x'  I get:
> >'/bin/ksh: cgxg.x:  not found'
> If "cgxg.x" is something that you have just written, you might need to
> use the "hash" command.

Sounds like a $PATH problem. I suggest you type "type cgxg.x". Other cmds
you might try are "whereis" and "which". Make sure that :/full/path/to/cgxg:
is in your PATH.

-Andy M
--
/*sig.c*/void P(){int i;for(i=0;i<63;i++)printf("%c",'#');printf("\n");}main(){

1. executable not running under Korn shell

When I try to run an executable cgxg.x in the Korn shell by
typing

'cgxg.x'
        at the ksh prompt, I get the message
'/bin/ksh: cgxg.x:  not found'
        When I type
'csh'
        to enter the C shell and then
'ksh'
        to return to the Korn shell, I am then able to run
         the executable by typing
'cgxg.x'

Could someone please explain why I need this workaround to run
executables in the Korn shell and how to fix my Korn
shell configuration? I would appreciate an email reply. Thanks.

______________________________________
Vivek Rao

http://www-ceg.ceg.uiuc.edu/~vrao/
Univ. of Illinois, Physics Department
______________________________________

2. pam_iptables

3. Korn shell does not run its own profile files??

4. Reinstalling LILO

5. best korn shell resources and is there a korn shell faq

6. ipfwadm Problem ?

7. Trying to run nohup from Korn shell but getting Bourne shell errors

8. Is the Adaptec 2742 SCSI II controller supported?

9. c-shell script won't run from korn-shell / SETUID

10. Korn Shell source code/executable..

11. Q: Running .x as Executable with MKS Shell 5.2 for NT?

12. Running Korn Shell scripts programatically under Windows

13. Looking for a KORN shell to run under Linux