Running an app without a window

Post by Clement Soullar » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
I want to run a app wich keep running whenever I have no window open,
the . Is there any command for that ?

Thank you for all your answers,

Post by Avi Abram » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

> Hello,
> I want to run a app wich keep running whenever I have no window open,
> the . Is there any command for that ?

> Thank you for all your answers,

Salut Clement,
I think maybe you need "nohup". Try

man nohup

HTH,
Avi.

--
  /\ \    /| Avi Abrami, Analyst/Programmer, Terayon Comms

/    \ \/  | http://www.terayon.com

1. running X app without showing anything

Hi,

is there a possibity to run an application which needs X, to run without
the X system ever being on and not losing functionality. I got a little
logging application (ksetiwatch :-). It logs all kind of data what seti
is doing. Now I got all the X forwarded to my local computer, but this
takes some bandwidth and makes everything slower. So I want this app to
run totaly invisible, but still log everything from seti.
Is there a way to do run these X apps without them every displaying
everything to a X server?

thanks in advanced,

Frank de Bot!

2. Netscape crashes under linux when loading a web page containing Java applet

3. Running an X app without DISPLAY

4. installing solarisn in network mode

5. running a pure console app without X

6. Stronghold question

7. can you start a client app without window manager?

8. renistalling redhat

9. Want to run Windows apps under Linux ?

10. How do I start FVWM with windows and apps running?

11. Some X Windows apps not running

12. RUN WINDOWS APPS ON LINUX

13. Use wine to run windows apps across smb filesystem?