Linux boot to bash

Post by Dieter Rait » Wed, 24 Dec 2003 04:59:38

I have created a floppy with syslinux. After boot /bin/bash should be
executed. The bash shell is static linked, so all should be in the
executable. The root filesystem is put to RAM (initrd) and is mounted
correctly. All I see on the console is:

: : no such file or directory

It seem that bash is missing essential things to run.
Any ideas or help?
Thanks
Dieter

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. login kills xterm

3. Bashing bash (Was Re: bash or user error with set -e and subshells)

4. need smc card info/manual

5. Bash calls TCL, TCL calls Bash, 2nd Bash never reads input

6. Irman Infrared receiver

7. Redhat linux 3.0.3: bash 1.14.3 bugs bash TeX

8. mod_rewrite + VirtualHost

9. Linux bash vs. GNU bash

10. wierd problem with non-root BASH (0.96 root and boot)

11. HELP! bash won't boot

12. Newbie: No login prompt: Booting goes straight to bash shell

13. /bin/sh -> /usr/local/bin/bash won't boot