Mail stopped going to procmail ?????

Post by DC » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 01:43:36

My procmail was working perfectly an hour ago.
i made a copy of my .procmailrc and started editing it..
i never even touched the existing one that is in use.

now mail stopped being delivered to procmail... my maillog says "Message accepted for delivery". and nothing gets added to my procmail log.

i tried fixing permissions .. nothing
restarted sendmai .. nothing..

any ideas?

Mail stopped going to procmail ?????

Post by Loki Harfag » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 02:43:53

Le Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:43:36 -0400, DC a crit?:

Quote:

> My procmail was working perfectly an hour ago.
> i made a copy of my .procmailrc and started editing it..
> i never even touched the existing one that is in use.

> now mail stopped being delivered to procmail... my maillog says "Message accepted for delivery". and nothing gets added to my procmail log.

> i tried fixing permissions .. nothing
> restarted sendmai .. nothing..

> any ideas?

Mmm... quickly
did you check the disk room ? (df -m)
especially /tmp and /var ?
anything funny in /var/log/[syslog|messages|debug] ?

And first question last ;-) What was it you were doing
while you 'didn't touch anything' last hour ?-)

Post by DC » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 05:45:34

>Le Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:43:36 -0400, DC a crit?:

>> My procmail was working perfectly an hour ago.
>> i made a copy of my .procmailrc and started editing it..
>> i never even touched the existing one that is in use.

>> now mail stopped being delivered to procmail... my maillog says "Message accepted for delivery". and nothing gets added to my procmail log.

>> i tried fixing permissions .. nothing
>> restarted sendmai .. nothing..

>> any ideas?

>Mmm... quickly
>did you check the disk room ? (df -m)
>especially /tmp and /var ?
>anything funny in /var/log/[syslog|messages|debug] ?

>And first question last ;-) What was it you were doing
>while you 'didn't touch anything' last hour ?-)

Funny you should say that..
Yesterday it just started working again the same second that i changed my hostname. (mail was being rejected untill i made it match my MX
record).  That must have been a coincidence cause its happening again.

to answer your question "What was it you were doing while you 'didn't touch anything' last hour?".. and a very good question i might add.
I made a change in my procmail script... i changed this
##################
* ^Subject: PM-Rule*
    {
        LOG="Matched a PM Rule $NL"
        :0 c

    }
##################
##################
:0
    {
        LOG="Matched a PM Rule $NL"
        :0 c

        LOG = "Log in MySQL $NL"
        :0
        * X-DR-TO:\/.*
        |bounce_to_mysql.php $MATCH >> /home/mailsort/dblog

    }
#################3

I have since rolled back to known working .procmailrc, as that one caused an infinate loop (for other reasons... its a pretty long
procmailrc.)

However... all my mail problems aside... mail being delivered to user mailsort, is no longer going to procmail. instead its going
/var/spool/mail/mailsort.

How can i fix this/?????

Mail stopped going to procmail ?????

Post by Loki Harfag » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:31:52

Le Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:45:34 -0400, DC a crit?:

>>Le Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:43:36 -0400, DC a crit?:

>>> My procmail was working perfectly an hour ago.
>>> i made a copy of my .procmailrc and started editing it..
>>> i never even touched the existing one that is in use.

>>> now mail stopped being delivered to procmail... my maillog says "Message accepted for delivery". and nothing gets added to my procmail log.

>>> i tried fixing permissions .. nothing
>>> restarted sendmai .. nothing..

>>> any ideas?

>>Mmm... quickly
>>did you check the disk room ? (df -m)
>>especially /tmp and /var ?
>>anything funny in /var/log/[syslog|messages|debug] ?

>>And first question last ;-) What was it you were doing
>>while you 'didn't touch anything' last hour ?-)

> Funny you should say that..

  Experience ;-)

Quote:> Yesterday it just started working again the same second that i changed my hostname. (mail was being rejected untill i made it match my MX
> record).  That must have been a coincidence cause its happening again.

> to answer your question "What was it you were doing while you 'didn't touch anything' last hour?".. and a very good question i might add.
> I made a change in my procmail script... i changed this

Ha ha !-)

Quote:> I have since rolled back to known working .procmailrc, as that one

caused an infinate loop (for other reasons... its a pretty long

Quote:> procmailrc.)

 Yes, they can be a pita to refine after some time.

Quote:> However... all my mail problems aside... mail being delivered to user
> mailsort, is no longer going to procmail. instead its going
> /var/spool/mail/mailsort.

> How can i fix this/?????

  Well, another idea would be that you touched something in the sendmail
configuration, most probably in the mailertable or something with virtual
domains or users ?
  Or did you diddle with your aliases files ?

  If it is not that or if it is but you can't find out maybe you could
  try and post your question in the comp.mail.sendmail group ?
(they are mostly nice, helpful and overtalented :-)

1. how to stop all local mail going to a mail hub

Hello,
I have just configured sendmail so that I can send mail to the outside
world via out NT based mail hub. All is OK, but now I cannot
send/recieve local
mail (ie root ), it all goes to the mail hub. How do I change
sendmail.cf to keep 'local' mail local and all other
mail to go to the mail hub ???
aix 4.3.3
I think I have set up the DS,DH, Dw and Cw OK..

DSmailhub
DHmailhub

Dwmyaixhost
Cw localhost $w $?m$w.$m$. myaixhost

Regards
Jake

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Run remote application on Windows...

3. Stop procmail enforcing rights

4. info digest #089 & #090

5. Going, going, going, GONE! Bye Windows!

6. Fork problems on AIX

7. "korn" mail checker: suddenly stopped seeing new mail?

8. Software for selling 6434

9. Mail:How can we keep a copy of all out going mails

10. Howto make mail to my domain go to my ISP mail server.

11. Mail:How can we keep a copy of all out going mails

12. Simple mail sorting without procmail