vt100's keymap

Post by Jussi T Hagm » Wed, 03 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I'm sick of those predefined keys in tcsh which are used in line editing
so I'd want to make my own definitions with bindkey.

I assume that vt100 protocol doesn't support all of those keys on
PC-keyboard, so how do I know which keys and combinations vt100-terminal
supports?

I'm hoping that I could use shift and control keys with the left and
right arrow and backspace key to edit and move on the line. Is it
possible to use those combinations?

--
Jussi Hagman                    Sippolankatu 7 d 40
                                15800 Lahti

1. vt100, vt100-am, vt100-bot-s . . .

I am wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of determining
what the above noted terminal drivers (files?) mean?  Where in the docs
I might find out what the difference between vt100 and vt100-bot-s and/
or at386??  I dial into a UNIX system using a comm program emulating
vt100.  I am curious if I change that if I could introduce color into
the screen display, etc . . .

I've been through most (if not all) man pages on the system for UNIX
and have not found any indication as to what all of the hundreds (thousands) of files might mean.

Any information/help would be greatly appreciated.

-Bill

2. Knode-email reply from addressbook?

3. VT100/220 keymaps

4. Unixware and Netware, happy together ?

5. vt100 to 3270 keymap?

6. Writing crontab entries

7. vt100 question (setting keymap)

8. Unable to boot Linux after install

9. VT100 keymap for PC keyboard help

10. Changing VT100 default keymapping

11. console keymap vs. X keymap

12. Problem with ``more'' on DEC VT100 under 3003

13. Telnet using VT100,vt100 and Del key