How to execute a single cmd over ssh?

Post by KKramsc » Fri, 24 Dec 2004 04:03:52

How can I execute a single command on a remote host without having
to do a full ssh login?  And is there a way to do this non-interactively,
i.e. not requiring the typing in of a password every time? (FWIW,
the remote host runs sshd, but I have no superuser privileges on
it.)

Thanks!

        Karl

How to execute a single cmd over ssh?

Post by sp0.. » Fri, 24 Dec 2004 04:11:17

I'm pretty sure that the real answer to not dealing with entering
passwords here would be, use ssh keys and an agent, or possibly, a
password-less key (bound to a single, safe, command).

Post by j.. » Fri, 24 Dec 2004 04:20:14

> How can I execute a single command on a remote host without having
> to do a full ssh login?  And is there a way to do this non-interactively,
> i.e. not requiring the typing in of a password every time? (FWIW,
> the remote host runs sshd, but I have no superuser privileges on
> it.)

http://www.snailbook.com/faq/

Look at "How do I arrange to log in without typing a password or
passphrase?"

Joe