tcsh for cygwin?

Post by Jong Tjio » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Is there a csh ot tcsh for cygwin? I have several shell script written for
csh and I don't want to rewrite it for bash.

I know probably there is no tcsh for cygwin, but I wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks.....

--
Regards,
--

tcsh for cygwin?

Post by Nicole Hamilto » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Is there a csh ot tcsh for cygwin? I have several shell script written for
> csh and I don't want to rewrite it for bash.

> I know probably there is no tcsh for cygwin, but I wouldn't hurt to ask

Hi, Jong.  A friend pointed ouit your message.   I'm the author of Hamilton
C shell, which may fit your needs.  I confess, it's not free, it is a
commercial product, but I do work pretty hard to try to keep my customers
satisfied, e.g., by giving away updates, offering free support, etc.  It's a
complete recreation from scratch of the original C shell for Windows NT with
numerous enhancements such as builtin and user-defined procedures,
block-structured local variables, floating point, improved wildcarding and
more, plus most all the usual suspects in terms of utilities:  ls, mv, cp,
rm, head, tail, diff, sed, cron, tar, strings, xargs, su, chown, chmod,
chgrp and lots more.  You can find out more and download a free demo version
at http://www.hamiltonlabs.com/cshell.htm.  Naturally, if you have any
questions at all, please let me know.  I promise a prompt response.
--

Regards,
Nicki Hamilton

http://www.hamiltonlabs.com   Phone 781-487-0008   FAX 781-487-0009
Hamilton Laboratories, 45 Kings Way, Unit 14, Waltham, MA  02451-9039, USA

tcsh for cygwin?

Post by PEZ » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there a csh ot tcsh for cygwin? I have several shell script
written for
> csh and I don't want to rewrite it for bash.

Brave man!

Quote:> I know probably there is no tcsh for cygwin, but I wouldn't hurt to

ask.

Well, cygwin had tcsh last time I checked. Check Cygnus web site on the
subject.

/Peter
--
-= Spam safe(?) e-mail address: pez68 at netscape.net =-

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. bitkeeper cygwin messed up cygwin terminal setting for tcsh, lynx: dumb terminal?

When I downloaded bitkeeper, it installed a stripped-down (no clue whether
it was the most recent) version of cygwin on top of the version I had
already installed.

Since, I get the following error when loading tcsh:

<<tcsh: No entry for terminal type "cygwin"

tcsh: using dumb terminal settings.>>

or lynx no longer runs and says:

<<Error opening terminal: cygwin.>>

Re-installing cygwin's tcsh wouldn't fix it.

Any hints?

2. ripping and redhat 8

3. cygwin tcsh key bindings for arrows

4. X Server and Firewall

5. About cygwin: Why so many source code can not be compiled in linux cygwin?

6. X-server crash on kde shutdown

7. /bin/tcsh vs /usr/local/bin/tcsh

8. Redefining viewer for mailtool attachments

9. Solaris2.4/tcsh-6.05/NIS+: `tcsh' with funny terminal output

10. #!/bin/tcsh vs. #! /bin/tcsh

11. tcsh watch cmd (was Re: conv. zsh <- tcsh)

12. tcsh 'Word too long' problem (tcsh 6.05, HP/UX)