CDE/dtksh newbie question

Post by The Loek » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:08:23

Hello,

I'm trying to put together a very small menu for my users in Solaris 8
CDE, and I have been experimenting with DTKsh.

When a user pushes a button, a rdesktop window pops open to a Windows
TS
I want the window to open with my own designated x/y co?rdinates.

However, I used a AddCallback function on the button and just entered
the commandline I use for Rdesktop, so I have no idea how to give the
x:/y: resources to that window...

Help?

Thanks loads in advance!

CDE/dtksh newbie question

Post by Bill Marcu » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:30:14

On 20 Jun 2005 08:08:23 -0700, The Loeki

> Hello,

> I'm trying to put together a very small menu for my users in Solaris 8
> CDE, and I have been experimenting with DTKsh.

> When a user pushes a button, a rdesktop window pops open to a Windows
> TS
> I want the window to open with my own designated x/y co?rdinates.

> However, I used a AddCallback function on the button and just entered
> the commandline I use for Rdesktop, so I have no idea how to give the
> x:/y: resources to that window...

> Help?

Does Rdesktop accept the arguments "-geometry +x+y"?

--
I cannot believe that God plays dice with the cosmos.
                -- Albert Einstein, on the randomness of quantum mechanics

CDE/dtksh newbie question

Post by The Loek » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:14:31

I'm afraid not :-(

Thanks though, I didn't know that one.

1. Q: CDE: dtksh compatibility ?

I've just read the manual pages of dtksh (Korn shell with X  extensions)
on a SUN Solaris 2.5 w CDE.

Question: Is dtksh a SUN-only-tool or is it provided on  other  systems,
too (which have a Common Desktop Environment installed, of course)?

Greetings...
        Klaus
--

                        40233 Duesseldorf          Tel.: +49-211-676-331
                              FRG/Germany          Fax:  +49-211-676-986

2. About kcore

3. will /usr/dt/bin/dtksh be saved when CDE is gone?

4. Why set user/group ID with chmod command?

5. Newbie CDE question

6. WIPO Treaty "URGENT NOTICE FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT READ"

7. Newbie Question: Starting CDE Remotely

8. Patent of Firewalling and use Linux kernel as reference ????

9. Newbie question re: history commands and CDE, xdm

10. newbie CDE question

11. newbie cde question

12. Newbie Question - How do I switch between CDE's

13. SPARC Solaris 2.6/CDE 1.2 Sun CDE extension question