Thanks!

Post by Jonathan L » Fri, 21 May 1993 09:16:53

        To everyone who responded to my post about pinting a directory
name b4 listing it.  Unfortunately I probably did not make the problem
clear enough.  I am using Cshell as my primary shell, I am learning to
program in sh.  My question is stated above.  but let me clarify a bit.
I would like the output to reflect the directory name EVEN IF it is not
the current directory.  IE

alias ls 'pushd .;cd \!*;`pwd`;ls -Fals; popd'

        This does do what I want.  My question is "Is there a way to do
this w/o pushd and popd?"

Jonathan

**** Please quote a portion of this message when emailing me - Thanx!