Help: Cleanup zmodem exit trash in sh/ksh

Help: Cleanup zmodem exit trash in sh/ksh

Post by Ken Gresha » Fri, 21 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I use a script that includes "hotkey" capability with menu's, using the
following function to read one key:

GetChar()
{
stty raw
reply=`dd if=/dev/tty bs=1 count=1 2>/dev/null`
stty -raw
echo ""

Quote:}

I used the following command to invoke a zmodem download and trap the
garbage after the transfer, so as not to interfere with the menu:

sz $HOME/reply.zip > junk 2>&1

This worked on the old Pentium server running Unixware 2.03, but hangs
up on the new Sun Ultrasparc workstation running SunOS 5.5. The tech
support folks haven't a clue. Any attempt to redirect stdout and stderr
in the usual fashion (above) results in a hung shell.

Any suggestions? I'd like this to continue to work on other systems,
since I distribute this script to others.

Ken Gresham