Bash key bindings

Post by Russell Neufel » Wed, 16 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I am trying to set up my .inputrc file and am having a few problem.  I would
like to bind the Home key to "beginning-of-line", but I can't figure out what
the key sequence is for the Home key.  I can see that my Insert key is ^[[2~,
which translates into \e[2~ in the .inputrc file.  That key I can bind to

to "beginning-of-line", nothing happens.

  Is there another way of specifying these keys which are really escape
sequences like Home and End?  Also, how do you figure out just what the escape
sequence is?  I'm running Linux 1.2.11 on a Micron, just moved from AIX so I'm
not used to the PC's key bindings.

  I'd really appreciate any help.  Thanks,

    Russell Neufeld

Bash key bindings

Post by Andreas Schw » Thu, 17 Aug 1995 04:00:00

|> I am trying to set up my .inputrc file and am having a few problem.  I would
|> like to bind the Home key to "beginning-of-line", but I can't figure out what
|> the key sequence is for the Home key.  I can see that my Insert key is ^[[2~,
|> which translates into \e[2~ in the .inputrc file.  That key I can bind to

|> to "beginning-of-line", nothing happens.

Try this:

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something

1. bash key binding

I bind some keys (Home, End,...) in my .bashrc, like:

bind '"\e[1~": "grep -i "'

But annoyingly these keys get rebound to beginning-of-line etc.
by the time bash returns prompt. Of course, I can rebind by
. .bashrc

This problem has come up only after I upgraded from RH5.2 to RH6.0
How can I tell bash to respect my key bindings at first place?

Vinod.

2. TCP/IP 3.2V4.2

3. Setting bash key bindings in .inputrc

4. Problem starting server software during boot

5. bash key binding problem

6. How can I read more than 4kb directly from a block device?

7. bash - key bindings

8. 2.4.18 no timestamp update on modified mmapped files

9. bash key-binding problem

11. key binding in bash

12. Key Bindings in bash

13. bash command line editing with vi key bindings