Simple dtksh Questions

Post by John Michael Davis » Tue, 10 Jun 1997 04:00:00

        I'm finally using dtksh, but I have no documentation besides the man
page and J. Stephen Pendergast. Jr.'s _Desktop_KornShell_Graphical_
_Programming_, the latter of which seems to do little besides telling an X
neophyte you how to write graphical scripts.  I have a bone-headed question
which neither document appears to address:

             What are the dtksh equivalents of .profile and .kshrc
             (i.e. the contents of the ENV variable)?

        Also, what other books would one recommend for someone who knows ksh
and wants to become adept at dtksh?

        FYI, I'm running Sun Solaris 2.5.1.

John Davison

"First rate minds attract first rate minds; second rate minds attract third
 rate minds."   -- Oppenheimer's Law

Simple dtksh Questions

.
.             What are the dtksh equivalents of .profile and .kshrc
.             (i.e. the contents of the ENV variable)?
.
With CDE,
.dtprofile
Be sure to set DTSOURCEPROFILE=true in this file.

you can use either .kshrc or .dtkshrc or whatever name you like.

.        Also, what other books would one recommend for someone who knows ksh
.and wants to become adept at dtksh?
.
.        FYI, I'm running Sun Solaris 2.5.1.
.
.
.Thanks,
.
.--
.John Davison

."First rate minds attract first rate minds; second rate minds attract third
. rate minds."   -- Oppenheimer's Law

---

1. Simple dtksh Questions

        I'm finally using dtksh, but I have no documentation besides the man
page and J. Stephen Pendergast. Jr.'s
_Desktop_KornShell_Graphical_Programming_, the latter of which seems to do
little besides telling an X neophyte you how to write graphical scripts.  I
have a bone-headed question which neither document appears to address:

             What are the dtksh equivalents of .profile and .kshrc
             (i.e. the contents of the ENV variable)?

        Also, what other books would one recommend for someone who knows ksh
and wants to become adept at dtksh?

John Davison

"First rate minds attract first rate minds; second rate minds attract third
 rate minds."   -- Oppenheimer's Law

2. AIX Installation

3. QUESTION: info on dtksh?

4. TAR ACROSS NET DYSFUNCTIONAL

5. CDE/dtksh newbie question

6. LINUX mandrake 7.1 sorry the modem is busy PLEASE HELP

7. A simple question deserving a simple answer

8. Can can auto run named & sendmail at startup?

9. a simple sed question ( there all simple :> )

10. Simple question from simple user

11. Simple FTP question (very simple)

12. simple question about simple code

13. Simple question for us simple minded.