I'm trying to migrate a COMPLEX UNIX-application to Windows2003,
basically using our shell scripts from unix, converted (mostly
regarding the names of called scripts. e.g. rather *.ksh than *.bat)
and my experience from the migration we did 5 years ago to winNT (with
mks for kornshell and hamilton-csh).
The newer version now on w2k3 is MKS Toolkit for Developers 8.7.0200
seems to have problems with things like
TMPSYS=`uname -s | cut -c 1`
that is: calling some commands, often using pipes to process the
outputs and then putting the result into a variable to be used for
further decisions, sometimes fails resulting in an empty string!.
I managed to get "nondeterministic" results from such scripts, that is
running a testscript which does 1000 times (sequentially) the same
thing some times fails, which I controlled via the
stderr-debug-listing produced by ksh -vx.
It might be some problem of the server itself I have to admit, some
configuration regarding memory/processes/..., I'm not the
I just want to exclude any known bugs or undocumented variables to be
set (of the TK_DO_NOT_whatsoever=1 type ...)
thanks a lot!